Masters Running

Sunny Saturday (Read 38 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Saturday, all. 😀

Maggie and I did our usual tour in Breakheart this morning after said hound was up at 5:45. 🙄. Need to work on the sleeping in on the weekend training. For those of you who co-habit fb, our outing shows as only 1.6 miles. This is because I somehow managed to stop the recording while taking the picture that went with the post. So I’ll guess on another couple of miles after that for 3.6 there. And another mile of wandering in the dark before hand.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

bioguy

Farmers market trip with Mrs Bio, came home and cleaned gutters and did some yard work. Nap followed lunch. My toe looks better, but rode Peleton again instead of running.

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet - I love the steps you are taking to shore up your trail!

BTY - enjoy your anniversary party.

Checking in to see if Leslie had popped in yet...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I can't even remember the last time I posted in here.  I have been scanning the dailies just to try to keep up with everybody.

I'm not sure if I told you that both of our boys and girls team made it to State. The girls took 2nd at Conference and the boys took 1st.   We didn't do very well at State... boys took 14th out of 16 and the girls took 15th out 16... but it was fun.  Ryan won the  Section Coach of the Year award for both the boys and the girls teams, so that kind of cool.

This is the group showing off their hardware.  Have I ever told you how much I love these kids?

May be an image of one or more people, people standing and text that says 'NIAL CENTE 25'

We had our End of Season Banquet on Thursday.  Ryan did a great job and I read a poem that I had written for the Seniors.  They all laughed where I had hoped they would and they seemed to really like it, so I felt good about it.

My granddaughter's soccer team lost 0-1 in the State Championship game to take 2nd place in State.  My daughter is an assistant coach

My daughter (not the mother of my granddaughter) is the 3rd head from the left (with the hat) and my granddaughter is at the end of the middle row on the right.

May be an image of 2 people and people standing

Okay... enough bragging.

I went 10 miles, today, as the snow was falling.  I really hate winter.  I'm not sure why I live here... oh, this is where 18 of my 20 grandkids live... I guess that's why.

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

Oh!  I signed up for the Vermont City Marathon on May 29th.  I'm trying to convince Debbie to come with me and take a week vacation afterward.  She wants to know what there is to do around there.  Any suggestions?

Great report and pictures, Mike. How rewarding. Congratulations all around!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

KSA; my friend Glen Yamashita says this about Jerry Heidenreich:

"Yes, I knew him. He was older than me.  He seemed to have fun doing wrong things.  He was also a good swimmer."

Glen had a scholarship to BYU.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Mike; congrats to all!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Mike E, that’s terrific!

still no Leslie…will check tomorrow

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Ryan won the  Section Coach of the Year award for both the boys and the girls teams, so that kind of cool.

Okay... enough bragging.

I went 10 miles, today, as the snow was falling. 

Mike - very nice.

Did they have an assistant coach award?

You own Minnesota running.

ps - not for you but that 10 miles in the  snow would be big bragging for most of us.

pps - please check with Henry about publishing your poetic ballads in a book. I'd like to read them all.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Mike - you have every reason to brag....love the pictures!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

Congratulations to your son and the teams, Mike,  It is a big deal to make it to the States.