Masters Running

Sunday 5 April Runs. etc. (Read 478 times)

Mariposai

so Holly roared in like a lioness from the beginning and got herself a BQ...you ROCKKKKKKk sistahhhhh. 7 slow miles just because. The wind and the air smelled so sweetly.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Congrats SkipAZ!! 100 miles an amazing distance! WTG Holly! Great time and a BQ!? nice. Sounds fun Denise...thats a lot of stuffing What a great day...the sun was beaming and, being in taper mode, I felt great. My 15-miler went to Heartbreak Hill and back. I had a great tailwind on the way there and felt like I was flying. It was a different story on the way back. I somehow managed 7:30 average, so I think the tailwind was stronger. Halfway through a taper I always feel like a junky being weaned off my running drug. I know running too long and hard just before a marathon isn't helpful, but its hard to resist.
      -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
      also on Twitter

Hill Runner

Peter, two 20 milers in a row? I understand the not being happy with it. Sometimes a run looks good on paper but just doesn't feel right to you. I have a few of those...
        Erika, I didn't run 2 20 milers in a row...it was last week but actually I did run 20 milers on the past three consecutive Sundays...That same strategy was successful right before my last marathon in October and I BQ'd...so I'm stickin' with it. Steve, you will be nice and rested for Boston. You just need to loosen the legs up a little. It will all come back when you get out there.
        I usually hate my pictures but for some reason I kind of like this one.
        Tramps, do with think it has anything to do with your race being so sucessful...Big grin

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
        Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
        Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

SteveP

Walt, I've spent enough time next to a person in ICU. If your heart tells you to run, then put a few miles in. Your poor kid. We've added your family to our prayer list and hope she's good as new crazy fast. Holly, you rock! Thanks for the picture tramps. 2.64 with the dog to FIL's place. His dog hasn't eaten since Thursday because she misses Tag so much. I took him for a visit and they tore each other up...in a loving manner....Turns out The Evil White Thing hasn't eaten her food cause the old man has been feeding her at the table....S'all good, Tag helped her empty her dog dish. Team work baby

SteveP

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Max and I went out for a walk this afternoon on a gorgeous spring day. We went over 2.5 miles at a good pace, but that's not why I feel like I have something to post on the daily. We did a section of about 125yds on the grass at a pace of 7:30 (or so Mr Garmin told me afterward Wink ) and didn't feel like I was going to croak. Smile I am so ready to start running again. My follow-up is this Friday and I sure hope there's nothing that will hold me back. Sure doesn't feel like it at the moment. Of course, if I had done all the core work and stretching that i told myself to do, I would be a lot further ahead Black eye And now that Holly has posted her wonderful race, I hope someone will be brave and be the first to respond. I'm too shy. ETA: Perch--very happy to hear that you got a clean bill of health.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Hill Runner

HOLLY. Congratulations....are you going to Boston in 2010? I'll be looking forward to meeting you there, I'm already qualified for 2010 and will be there.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
              Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
              Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Tramps

I shoulda known better than posting a pic here thinking I’d get a little sympathy for my discomfort. I show a grimace of pain and Erika thinks I’m doing Sarah Palin impressions, Jlynne thinks I’m just cruising on an easy run. Peter thinks I’m just happy about the outcome. Geez, you’re a heartless bunch. Roll eyes Wink Watch out, next time I'll post a puking picture. Don't say I didn't warn you. Tongue Nice race, CNY! Steve, maybe you’ll have a breakthrough with that five week taper system. Wow, all those long runs today. Nice!

Be safe. Be kind.

evanflein

21.2 miles for me. Pretty happy with this run. Had some good hills at the end to mimic something like Boston, but I think these were bigger. 8:28 avg pace for the whole thing, and the only downer is a blister on my stoopid right foot. Other than that, yahoo, bring on taper! Powered by RunningAHEAD.com
                  Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Finally a beautiful sunny day in the PNW and I had to work ...still managed a little over 8 miles in the late afternoon, never a favorite time of day and particularly on a Sunday when the trail is very crowded with bikes and strollers and people just taking a walk. I'll try to put in a few extra miles this week ....my next 50M race is just around the corner!! A good night to all, Francesca

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

my next 50M race is just around the corner!!
                      Is it the same one that was your first ultra-marathon of any distance at all in your life, . . . and now it'll already be your third 50-miler?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)