Masters Running

Sun 4/13 - Taper madness and hair styles (Read 504 times)

TheSaint

I told her, "Hey, don't get excited if a snake makes a little rattling noise. Like many animals, their bark is worse than their bite." She doesn't think this is funny. (It was actually a non-poisonous, non-rattling type of snake but a lot of fun just the same. She doesn't have near the sense of humor that my previous wives had.) Spareribs He's 10 years older than I am, I'm only in this for the life insurance. Then you'll find me someplace with no snakes.
    evanflein

Good for you, Saint. I'm with you all the way... Wink Bill, awesome run... I agree with Enkie though, my plans would be foiled by not-so-well-placed hills. I did my last "long" run today, 10.25 miles of rolling hills, 8:08 avg pace. Nice to feel I wasn't really "pushing" it, but maintaining that pace for 10 miles is far different from keeping it up for 26.2... That wasn't my intended MP anyway, but I was trying to maintain about 8:15, but wanted a "kick" at the end. Here's what I got: 8:29 7:56 8:02 8:13 (hills...) 8:15 (more hills) 8:04 8:14 8:07 8:14 7:51 (Yeah, baby what a kick!) 7:45 (last .26 mile) So, guess I got what I wanted... some of those miles had good uphills but then they also had some downhill,so it sort of evened up. Just "little stuff" from now till next Monday so that's cool. I need to make sure I get some sleep!
        Sunday's run - I had to squeeze my run in before heading out to see my newest grandson get baptized. Big grin 10.01 miles - 1:25:02 - (8:29) - AVG HR 125