Masters Running

Sort of Holiday Monday July 3 (Read 30 times)

evanflein

Erika, I think that was the C&O Canal Towpath, which I biked the length of last year and a short segment again in June. This was near Harper's Ferry, right? Anyway, a lot of the canal is in MD just across from WV.

Yes! That was the one we ran on. Very nice, started in Harper's Ferry and after the towpath we ran all through the Antietam battlefields. DH and I went back later and read a lot of the signs posted all around. And welcome back, you've been missed!

5.3 mostly easy miles today. I say mostly because the first three were right as planned, but then I started back up the 2 miles uphill to home, in full sun and bleh. Even though it wasn't "that" hot out, I just wilted. Looking at my schedule this week, I think Friday will be a rest day. I have a lot of things going on that day, and a race the next morning so it seems like a good day to take off.

Checked out my garden today to see how it fared after yesterday's hard rains. Everything looks pretty much beat to crap, but I think it'll recover. Now to get cleaned up and go see my mommy.

flats

turtle runner eximious

Erika, I think that was the C&O Canal Towpath, which I biked the length of last year and a short segment again in June. This was near Harper's Ferry, right? Anyway, a lot of the canal is in MD just across from WV.

Hey flats, I've been in the Cuyahoga N.P. and was scheduled to go on a bike tour in August that was going to go from Cleveland to Columbus, starting out on the Erie-Ohio Canal towpath and connecting with other canal and rail-trails. Unfortunately, not enough people signed up and they had to cancel it, which was a major disappointment for me. And if you really want to see some hills in Ohio, I could show you some country roads in Holmes County...

And speaking of all this, I just realized that I haven't posted here in about a month. I'll have to do a catch-up post in the next couple of days. It's been an interesting, eventful few weeks.

Sorry your ride got cancelled. I will politely decline your hill running There was a race somewhere in Amish country that looked beautiful, until I looked at the elevation map 

Michael

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Tramps}}} and {{{Paul}}}

Flats - love the pics, and wish I knew how you did that.  I live south of Dayton and run along the Great Miami River almost every day on a paved bike path, and I also believe it to be my happy place...

8 miles for me on Monday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."