Masters Running

Happy Thanksgiving - 11/24 (Read 29 times)

Dave59

Good morning.

I am thankful I did not sign up for a turkey trot. Low 40s and rainy is not my idea of a fun race and turkey trots should be fun.

Instead, I went to the gym for some ARC trainer and weights.

Later, Cindy and I will drive with her parents to the Glen Ferris Inn for Thanksgiving dinner.  It's a nice, old place 75 miles east of here where a couple rivers come together and there is a little water falls.  (Little in the sense of how far the water falls, but it is pretty wide.)

coastwalker

Mornin' Dave, and all the rest of you gobblers.

Good for you for having fun at the gym this morning, Dave. I hope you have a good trip and good dinner with Cindy's folks today.

Our guests arrived at about 8:30 last night, and we sat and talked till about 11. I've been up since about 5:30 this morning, and have spent most of that time getting my workout in the kitchen, and having a good time doing it. Everything is sorta', kinda', maybe on schedule for us to sit down for out Thanksgiving dinner by mid-afternoon.

Have a greta Thanksgiving, wherever you are, and whatever you do.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Morning all,

hope everyone one enjoys there day and runs off more calories than they consume. Not likely for me. I managed 4 miles in a misty rain this morning and was glad to have a few miles of decompression time before I head into work.

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Happy Thanksgiving!  I know I haven't been posting a whole lot, lately--but I want you all to know how thankful I am for all of you!

I got up at 5:00, this morning, and got the turkey and stuffing ready and put in the oven.  Debbie will do the rest.  We are having...hmmm...lets see...my oldest daughter's family (6), Eric (1), Debbie's oldest daughter's family (6...I think), Debbie's youngest daughter's family (5), Debbie's sister's family (6), and Debbie's brother (1).  So it looks like, with Debbie and me, we'll have 27.  A little light, this year...I'm sure I'm missing somebody.

So, Ryan called me the other night and asked me to put together a marathon training plan for him.  Are you kidding me?  I dropped everything I was doing and put it all together...complete with how fast to run each run.  So--if any of you on the west coasters want to join him--he's doing the Vernoninia Marathon on April 9th.  If he actually follows the plan, he should do pretty well.  I can't wait.

As for me...I have been sticking to my no running plan...but I think I'm going to start up again next week.  I'm thinking about doing the Shiprock Marathon in New Mexico on May 13th...but that's not written in stone.

Okay--that's all, for now.  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy Thanksgiving

maybe someone can post a turkey something

I am thankful I did not sign up for a turkey trot.

Low 40s and rainy is not my idea of a fun race and turkey trots should be fun. 

me too dave.
            In particular, why in the world would I go out in today's rainy and windy elements

to join Marvelous Monte, ‘Roadkill Rick and Mega-Larry in their 500th, 455th and

1,718 marathons when I can join them in tomorrow’s Grandpa’s Wishbone 27-mile

for my measly 210th?    <<<(unfortunately, in the same, if not worse, conditions)>>>>

he's doing the Vernoninia Marathon on April 9th.  

sounds good with a 400' net downhill to a pancake breakfast at the finish.

Maybe some of the Oreganders might know where Vernoninia is.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Good morning and a Happy Thanksgiving to all! For the Turkey something, I ran the Tacoma City Turkey Trot in a chilly downpour at the start that let up to a drizzle by the end. Averaged 6:58 a mile, good enough for 2nd in AG.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Rainy, cold seems to be a common theme today. Same here in Rochester. We arrived last night after everyone else staying at FIL's house were in bed, so didn't get to do much planning for finding a race this morning. Based on the weather, I also did not make my own.

Happy thanksging to everyone

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Not raining here (thank goodness!) but it might snow a little so they say. Looks pretty clear out though so not sure where it would come from. We're going up to my brother's house later; I'm bringing potatoes and wine. I got off easy.

No turkey trot for me. I'll either run an easy 5 on the treadmill later or venture outside for some hills if it warms up a bit. It's about -5° out there now. Last night's run was 8.3 miles of intervals. I added another .5 mile at 8:00 from the workout a couple weeks ago (up to 4) and survived, so that's good.

Good to hear Ryan is getting back into it, Mike. Hope he follows your plan. That's one helluva crowd you're feeding today. Only one turkey??

Marathon Maniac #957

This is the first year in some time that I didn't run the local Turkey Trot.  Back when the registration was cheap, I still wasn't sure about whether I would be running, and didn't want to pay the price as it got more expensive.  However, when I was out running yesterday morning and saw the Turkey Trotters with this year's shirt, which in fact was a powder-blue hoodie, I was sorry I missed out.

10 miles for me on Thanksgiving, with 15 100m striders in the middle.

Then some cooking and we spent the day at my nephew's feasting and having a lovely family visit.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."