Masters Running

Thursday, 1/17 (Read 39 times)

Congrats on the college acceptance, Norm!  Glad you are getting healthy.   I bet you have really good beer in that 'fridge!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

C-R

Congrats on the college acceptance, Norm!  Glad you are getting healthy.   I bet you have really good beer in that 'fridge!

Thanks.

Kiddo and I will be in your neck of the woods in a few weeks. He's running the TN Indoors. Trying to get to that elusive 9 in the 3200. Likely running PWP if you're up for a few.

Oh and other kiddo is waiting on Vandy which he really wants to attend. For the life of me I can't understand it with those colors. Although the academics make up for that. 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Deez - How did the little girl's surgery go?  I can't imagine how hard that is on the family.

It's been a freaking crazy weather day here.  We had a short break for about an hour and then it all started again for a couple of hours.  Hopefully this means lots of snow pack in them thar mountains.

At Christmas, I got a gift certificate from a co-worker for use at a used bookstore in Old Town, and The Hub and I used most of it today.  And that's the most exciting thing I did today.

On a completely unrelated note, The Hub is on a popsicle kick and he chews them.  It's like fricking nails on a chalkboard to me.  Aaarrgh!!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

7 dry miles in the dirt, negative split exercise for 10k dropping 10-15 seconds per mile to end up at 50:04, then jogged the rest of the way back.

The atmospheric stream has left us. Now it's headed for you guys.

Downed trees, mudslides, a semi blown over on the Richmond bridge, power outages; a veritable disaster for the...what's the opposite of resourceful?...people in the Bay Area. AND we had another little 3.5 quake this morning, near the same spot as the day before.

Speaking of beer in the fridge, I have a bottle of Pliny The Elder that I should drink before it gets old.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Thanks for the recap Steve!!

No updates on little Genny yet 

denise

Keep me posted on Vandy and when you are coming to town.  Not sure if I’m ready for PWP yet, but maybe we can grab coffee or a beer.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Joe618

More snow coming Joe. Ah cross training Midwest style.

Got 4 on the TM this morning. Things are looking more healthy for me. Fingers crossed.

Well the college acceptances are hitting. XC kiddo accepted into Purdue's Engineering school. Glad they go their smarts from DW.

Norm, that's great!   Welcome to town and the Purdue engineering school.   It did good by me.     I was on campus just about an hour ago, with my grandson who's High School track team (Harrison) was working out on the Purdue indoor track.  He's probably run there.    Good luck to him chasing a sub 9 3200!! 

Yes, a boatload of snow coming our way this weekend and again on Tuesday.   Cross training, yeah.

Steve, great recap!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

bioguy

Tought run today after school. 1 mile warmup, 6 mile tempo (marathon pace) then 1 mle cooldown for 8 in all. I don't know how running 8:50 miles got so hard. I did push the last one at 8:31. My April marathon may turn into a half id I don't feel fit enough.

Tailwinds!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, another late day so another quick post.  6 miles (solo) mid-afternoon.  Did my formal interview at the local Y after work.  No time to change....fun to interview in uniform <eye roll>.  Anyway, pending background check and drug screening I'll be teaching spin again in mid-February.  Bikes will be in sooner, but the bulk of their instructors aren't certified for spin (yet).  Then they'll need some time to build profiles....what I will do is convert some of my more popular ones with cueing related to power generation.

Have a greta night everyone!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I thought I was going to have more time in here, tonight, but...nope.

I did 7 easy miles.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Mariposai

Howdie, it has been a rather busy week for my butterfly wings. Only 3 miles on the TM plus half and hour of XT. My one and only fitness activity all week.

For months we had planned the Easy Pacer's retirement for today, but since his agency is impacted by the government shut down and the party was being held at the Forest Service office and organized by the agency, we had to postpone the party. Tonight I treated the Easy Pacer to a very nice restaurant to celebrate his retirement.

Carpe Diem

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

5.6 mostly easy miles on the treadmill tonight. Tired and didn't really want to do it, but got it done. Already at 28+ miles for the week, which is a lot for me for a Thursday. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow.