Masters Running

The day when a dream of 34 years came true… a New York City marathon RR (Read 322 times)

Oh Maraposai I am so happy for you---reaching for a dream, getting it and running with joy and style. You ran so well with an upset stomach and you grinned and celebrated even so.

Congratulations dear friend and next time we'll need to spend more time together.

You ran the City the right way!

Karin

You earned every step!  Very touching report.  It is great to see a childhood dream come true.  It was a great day for a race, even if the start was a bit soggy!  Congratulations.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Renee the dog

You are one tough cookie, woman. I can't imagine stopping to puke once, much less 2 more times and then finish running a marathon.

Yep.  And, we should give a couple of kudos to Mr. Posie too...

Sooooo cool that you toughed out the GI issues to fulfill a childhood dream.  Congratulations!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

You had a great time with beautiful pictures to remember it!!!

Way to go Nancy !!!!

Maniac 505

way to gut it out.  thanks for the RR.  You wear the medal for 2 days?  cool,  the unwritten rule for Boston is one day, but 2 days for New York makes sense.  I don't know if I will be in 4 hour shape for Wenatchee, but right now, I  hope to run it

Dave

SteveP

What a moving and awesome adventure! It sounds like living a dream.

SteveP

Oh Mari - you sure know how to experience life!  Your joy at this dream-fulfilled comes through loud and clear.   Your fitness and mental tenacity saw you through a tough race, and you did well!

Congratulations - it sounds like a fantastic trip.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Living life like no othr!  What a beautiful story and a beautiful lady.

Congratulations!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                    "Here I am posing with some runners from Finland..."

Heh heh...you Finnished.

But seriously, what a great, and I mean FANTASTIC, report of your wonderful experience in NY. Congratulations!

Walt

Absolutely 100% excellently wonderful.  All the fantastic pictures were a bonus.  Congratulations, Mari.  You deserved this.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Mari – what a beautiful and inspirational report!  The official pictures show your lovely smile so often, one would never guess that you were suffering from that cramping stomach (what a difficult thing to deal with during a marathon – you are a tough, tough lady).  Thank you for sharing this and lifting my heart today!

P.S. - I love the pictures!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."