Masters Running

Sunday...Mother's Day Daily run thread (Read 447 times)

evanflein

Wildchild, sounds like you have a great day today! Lots of good stuff. Lots of great posts here, like CNYrunner said. It's late and I'm tired, but wanted to wish everyone a late happy mothers day. Moms really do keep the whole show going... Like DS1 said when I got back from a trip, "Mom, good thing you don't go away more often or we'd all die!" (ok, I know DH does a pretty good job taking care of them... it's just not "mom") Got out for 12.5 miles today. Was trying for 13.2... I really bonked on this run.. first bonk on a training run in ages. Don't know if it was not eating enuf the day before (NOT usually a problem of mine...), or needed more water along the run (i.e., more than "none"), or if I just wasn't ready for the temps in mid to high 60s and steady sun. Whatever, it wasn't pretty. But it's done. Walked about a mile at the end, for 13.5 miles total for the day. JJJesse, cool outing you had. Funny about the balloon. We had our community clean up day yesterday. Many people turn out all week, but the big thing is Saturday. The roadsides are such a disgrace every spring, but they look pretty good after the big cleanup. The sad thing was on my run today, I saw lots of areas that got missed, and lots of litter already showing up on areas that were cleaned up earlier. Amazing.
      late post of today's (or was it yesterday's) 6 miles. hope everyone had a great mother's day! susan (time for work...)