Masters Running

Tuesday July 18 Summertime (Read 35 times)

6.5 from my hotel in Cambridge, MA along the river-   as warm and humid as Tennessee, but different scenery at least!   Got it done.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

5 miles this morning.  Not too bad.

Highs for the next 6 days as shown on Weather Underground: 92, 91, 94, 96, 96, 92..... Going to be a real test of character out there.  At least I have an indoor job.

Highs for the next 6 days as shown on Weather Underground: 92, 91, 94, 96, 96, 92..... Going to be a real test of character out there.  At least I have an indoor job.

Maybe I shouldn't tell you that our average temp this week will be 63-ish with an anticipated high of 67 on Sunday.  Of course, that pretty  much means no sun, except for maybe an hour in the early afternoon.

4 feel-good predawn miles.  Working on keeping it slow and EZ with lots of stretching after.  My right hip is SO much tighter than my left, so I'm trying to get that sucker to loosen to keep things in balance.

Have a wonderful day, and remember . . . it's all about perspective.

Image result for perspective by inky johnson

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Hi all, I have been AWOL for a while ( and not running, so there).  Glad you are able to run, Leslie. I like the quote, and speaking of passports, I am leaving in just a bit for a ten day group trip to Crailsheim, Germany at noon. This is our sister city adopted after the war. The exchange students will be exchange and the bands will play together. I do have a story that almost gave me a heart attack yesterday. A week ago MrStarr got my passport out of the safe so I could photocopy it, which I did. I made sure it fit in my little purse, and it did. So, re-packing yesterday I double checked the expiration date and it said 2014!  He had pulled the old one out of the safe and left the new one there safe and sound. I am so glad I noticed this mistake then rather than at the airport 3 hours away....

Anyway, I did get out this morning in this HH (we have no hills) for 2 1/2 miles. So, will take my Garmin, running shoes and phone. I will try to post on that thing otherwise, see you in ten days!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Temps like Dave, and an indoor job like Dave, but our office air conditioner is being replaced today.  So a big crane came by my window and lifted the unit onto the roof a couple hours ago.  It's still not installed, so I'm going to work from another section of the office now.

7 miles planned this evening on the TM.  Hope it's a good movie today.

C-R

Hey all.

Good to see you back Star and enjoy that trip to Germany with the correct passport.

KSA - the scenery between Nashvegas and Cambridge are both nice but hardly interchangeable. Enjoy the river runs while you can.

High temps all over. Got some mojo back today. 10k at lunch. Looking forward to calling two soccer games tonight. Have to remember my sunscreen and water.

Oh and you can keep that 60 degree weather Laslie. Can't lose any weight running in those conditions. 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Weather was actually quite pleasant this morning. It's my usual bike-for-coffee group day, but instead I drove to a different location and rode with a road-biking group on a 34-mile ride with a stop for breakfast at the turnaround point. It was all on a paved rail-trail that I'm very familiar with, and a respectable 16mph pace the whole way that I had no trouble keeping up with. Nice to meet some new riders, but I hope my other buddies don't find out that I jilted them for someone else!

Heat and humidity rising now, but I'll try to hold out awhile before turning the A/C on. Keep cool, everyone!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

...40-min PoolRun

...it was Room Temperature.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai

A quick post here. Today is my agency's board meeting and as always I have a pile of documents to prepare for the board to review.

I did run 9 miles today. I discovered this route with twocat when he was here last month. A lovely, but hilly route. I have been running this route every week to check on my fitness progress. Today the hills felt a little bit less intimidating, maybe there is hope for my butterfly wings.

Tramps, how is the biking going?

Dave, good luck with the weather this week.

RunnerKSA, I so admire your dedication to running. Nice run in the humid weather.

Starruns, enjoy your trip to Germany.

C-R, nice to see your mojo back. Way to go with that 10k at lunch.

Rochrunner, a 34 mile bike for breakfast...I envy you!

Twomwhite, nice Room temperature poolrunning Smile.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

No coastwalker and suddenly the daily is a lot thinner.  Not that I am going to help much here. I have not been posting because I have hardly been breathing. There is a conference deadline tomorrow that I was determined to make. That meant finishing a paper, well finished enough to send to a conference, by then. Well I made it! Got a draft done late this afternoon. Sent it to my coauthor to vet. Assuming she green lights it, off it goes tomorrow. For now the time pressure is off somewhat.

StarrRuns have a good trip. Nice recover there on the passport! Once I discovered mine had expired just a couple of days before an international trip. I then became an self taught expert on how to get a new passport issued really, really fast!

With all of the weather talk I am not going to talk about the weather. Not at all. Not even the 70+ degree dew point I ran intervals in this morning. All I plan to say is that I did 5x1000m intervals and managed to keep them all under a 7:10 pace which was my goal. I am pretty happy about that too. Not as happy as about the paper, but for running pretty dang happy.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

spacityrunner

3 speedy miles around the workplace at sunset.  It was hot.  It was humid.  How did I go so "fast".  No clue.

Trails Rock!

Marathon Maniac #957

Starr - enjoy your trip!

Very busy for me trying to catch up at work and home.  Boy those weeds are growing like a jungle!  I have promised myself 10 minutes a day of weeding and hopefully catch up by Sunday.

Las night was another 5-course gourmet meal and beer pairing at Whole Foods.  DH really has to stop signing us up for those things, because I NEED TO STOP OVEREATING!  I am at my after-Christmas weight, and it is July!

5 miles for me on Tuesday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."