Masters Running

Thursday (One More Win Day) Daily (Read 35 times)

...just wanted to add to the Happy B'Day to STG......

=========

spending WAY to much time doing yardwork,

Pickles

is one of those Dawn to Dusk worker ant-types

''Rest Day''

doesn't seem the appropriate tag

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy B-Day STG!

Steve - what Erika said...

Nancy - that is so tough...

So, DD is doing amazingly well at selling subscriptions to the DD News.  They give you a coupon book if you sign up for 13 weeks, but DD is selling the coupon book and giving them a free 13-week subscription...  At any rate in her first 3 days of working she has already made $440.00!    Her legs are pretty sore from all the walking, but several of her friends from school are working with her, so she says they have a blast.  Fortunately, her checks will be deposited into an account in my name, and I have a separate "Sarah Spending Account" that I will move money over for her to spend, and so will help her save at least half of her earnings.  Maybe I need to see if they have an opening for me!

7:45 am meeting, so only 4 miles for me today in 61 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, brief pause then a few to several more weeks of craziness....that will get slightly less crazy.  4.5 mile run/walk (mostly walk) today.  Knee pain continues to diminish then I'll have to slowly build back up.  DW came to visit and I chose an apartment for when I move (apparently about 2 weeks).  The military is famous for "hurry up and wait" and the reserves are also professional at "wait!  hurry!"  I travel back to NC tomorrow and will pack up in the evenings as I "tidy up" assorted paperwork/programs at work.  At least after that I'll be back to being responsible for only one group.

STG, Boun compleanno!

RunnerKSA, enjoy the super regional!  Auburn managed to win the Raleigh regional and will be playing Florida this weekend.  As for DH, he'll love the Katy Trail.  I was able to bike and/or run all of it from Sedalia to Clinton when I was assigned to Whiteman AFB.  Also ran the stretch from Rocheport to Columbia.  I'll do the entire trail some day.

Have a great night everyone!

Mike E

MM #5615

Congratulations, Tramps!

evanflein

I take it the Caps won. Congrats Tramps! You can breathe now.

Holly, how much of each subscription does she get to keep? Had no idea 1) that could be such a lucrative endeavor and 2) so many people would not already be subscribers! Good for her!

So that mile race was tonight. The weather was pretty nice all day but the wind really picked up in the afternoon. By 6 pm (close of registration, start of kids' 800 meter race), it was gusty wind and light rain. Bleck. Rain stopped but wind kept up, we were all freezing waiting for the kids to finish (9 and under do 800 meters, 10 and 11 year olds do their own mile, 12 and over do the adult heats). By the time we started, the rain had moved out and the wind had died down. Kind of nice to do this race in cooler conditions, usually it's in the high 70's or 80's with full sun. So... I didn't suck as bad as I thought I would, but still a personal worst at 7:30. So it goes. Glad that's done.

SteveP

Happy Birthday Sees The Ground.

Steve, you really need a promotion. You'd probably make a great general manager, actually. You embody the customer service, business oriented model everyone looks for. 

I've got enough headaches.

SteveP