Masters Running

Let's Reach the Beach Together: The Fan Club Turns 10! (Read 45 times)

Well, it has happened with less than a month to go, an injured teammate.  Not an RA runner but a long time friend of mine from my town. Such is life. If you are interested in joining us for the Reach the Beach Relay let me know. We have 4 RA runners as of now help make it 5! We leave Thursday September 15 and return on Saturday. We can get you in Connecticut, the Boston area or between there and Bretton Woods in New Hampshire.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

an amazing likeness

Sincerely wish I could...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I received this email from Ragnar this morning with the subject line "Will You Join the 24 Hour Club?" What is this club you ask? Here is Ragnar's answer

Conquering 200(ish) miles on foot is a challenge in and of itself, but doing it in 24 hours or less is a feat only a select few can accomplish. Reebok and Ragnar believe such an achievement should be rewarded, which is why we've created the 24hr. Club.

What is the 24hr. Club? We're glad you asked! This underground division is for Ragnarians who have an insatiable thirst for challenge and let their speed do the talking. We think you have what it takes. Do you?

The Rosie Ruiz Fan Club into the finish in under 24 hours? No problem, that is what vans are for!  Now if we have to run with the van . . . This email was clearly sent to the wrong team captain! Party on folks. 

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Our Team Leader is like a good dance partner - he keeps us safe and looking good!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Mariposai

Our Team Leader is like a good dance partner - he keeps us safe and looking good!

You nailed it, sistahh...

I can't wait to hang out with you for two days in a stinky but filled with love van.

Ohhh the memories we will craft.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

an amazing likeness

Weather outlook for Friday & Saturday looks fantastic!  At least 10F cooler than last year and not a chance of rain. Van 1 folks should plan for a chilly bed down at Bear Lake, cool, dry Canadian air has moved in and night temps have been making it to the low 50s last few nights.

Hope all on team Rosie Ruiz have a great weekend !

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

At the beach!

Mariposai

The 2016 race was so much fun.

A few of my favorite pictures of the relay...

RA Divas ready for their night run

The green van just goofing off between racing legs...

Our fearless team captain being followed with our name sake on the sticks.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Love this - looks like a great time with some awesome people!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."