Masters Running

It's Friday and I get to start the daily :) (Read 46 times)

Quick start to the thread - 3.4 miles last night at our pub run pushing Miss Maria in the stroller - not so easy!!

This morning 8.5 chilly miles - need to pull out the gloves, my fingers are still not thawed out!!  9:05 average pace compared to my 10:20 avg pace last night pushing the stroller!!

Today heading out with a group for a mini retreat at the Divine Mercy Chapel in Stockbridge, MA - will carry all of you with me, especially Holly and all those who have asked for prayers.

Have a peaceful weekend my friends and may you find joy in your days...xo

denise

coastwalker

Yes you do, Denise! Mornin' everyone.

Holly, I too am so sorry to learn of your mom's passing. But she is at peace now, and I hope you are too. And I'm so glad that you finally got that root canal finished.

Wildchild, your wood shed is elegant in it's simplicity, strength and rusticness. Great job!

Twocat, you'll be happy to know that I signed up for a 4-mile race this Sunday: 60% chance of rain.

More great reminders, Tramps. Gotta' love those 'non-runnng stressors!'

Tammy, congrats to David on his 2nd fastest 3K, run while not feeling well. I'll bet you made a great impression at last night's Open House. I'm very surprised that you live in the woods and don't have a wood stove.

What was up with the racoons yesterday, Shadow Runner and Fatozzig??

I learned yesterday that our 5K (Great Bay 5K, Oct. 26) was voted one of 10 favorite 5K races in New England by Run New England. Now the pressure is really on for us to have a well-organized race this year! Yikes.

I made sure I got out early today so I could enjoy the still almost-full Harvest Moon (channeling Neil Young) high in the sky and lighting up the landscape almost like daylight. But I wasn't feeling well, and only managed 2 miles. Some days are like that...

Have a greta Friday. I'm hoping for fair weather, tail winds and big smiles for this weekend's racers.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

I didn't get to post yesterday as, right after my run, I went to see my grandson ( almost 5 weeks old now).  I spent the better part of the afternoon with him while my daughter in law did a bunch of yardwork.  She enjoys that and has not been able to do much with a baby to care for.  It was a good break for her and I enjoyed hanging out with the little guy.  When my son got home from work, we all went out for dinner. It was a great day.

Holly, continued thoughts and virtual hugs to you and your family.  mari and Twocat, I enjoyed the additional pictures.  Jay, nice woodshed.  Tammy, good job for your son, especially since he wasn't feeling well.  Jay, congrats on having your race rated so high.

Nice long runs for Aamos, sarge, Twocat (fast, too), and mari.  Good job on the speedwork for LaT and Tramps.

Yesterday's run was 8 miles at a 10:38 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Good morning good people. I just love this forum - it's full of such wonderful, compassionate people. The way everyone supports, encourages and comforts each other always makes me feel lucky to be a part of it.

Nice running Deez! Once you stopped pushing that stroller, I'll bet you felt light on your feet.

Glad you got some quality time with your new grandson Tselbs. I'm sure your daughter appreciated the break.

Great news about your race being voted one of New England's best 5k races Jay. Feel better.

Day 4 of the crud for me. I felt like I needed to "sweat" it out this morning but it was raining when I got up and decided to go to the Y instead. 4 miles on the elliptical, 4 miles on the bike, then tried to do some free weights. My old body said "not so fast!"  So I did 15 minutes of core work and decided to call it a day.

Good luck to all of the weekend racers!

Tramps

(((Holly)))

I'm doing speedwork/5K race tomorrow so today was a short 4-miler.  I don't get to do those very often.  It was kind of nice to be out and back so quickly.

Have a great weekend and best of luck to the racers!

09/21 evanflein - Equinox Marathon

09/21 pfriese - Swazi 5K - Bethany, OK

09/21 Opie - Swazi 5K - Bethany, OK

09/22 MilkTruck - Portland Trails 10K, Portland, ME

09/22 Ileneforward - Race for the Cure OC, NB CA

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

Hey All

Out for a sweaty 5+ miles this am. We were supposed to have a cold front move thru...appears it stalled out. I'm ready for some fall weather.

Maniac 505

Jay: congrats on your race vote.

((Holly))  as many of us here, I  know what you are dealing with is really hard.  I know you made this as easy as possible for your mother and family.  I know that you knew this day would come soon and you had some time to prepare, but you can't really prepare.  Your mother and Your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  and one more time  ((Holly))

and for me,  it's Hump day.   I didn't get up in time for a run yesterday,  hopefully today.   Night all.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

5er for me this morning.  Loving the fall weather.  Not as much of the moon this morning.

Win-win-win all around for Tom and family.  Smile

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

{{{{butterfly hugs and prayers for Holly and her family}}}}}}}

Jay, that almost full moon was very showy here as well. Crispy morning, 45F. I am still wearing shorts (Tramps will be proud of me), but I had to wear long sleeve shirt. I could have used some gloves as well since my hands are still hurting from the cold.

I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend. There is a reggae band  from Jamaica that is coming to town and I am looking forward to going to it.

Rain or shine........................Goo racers go!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Good Morning, Everyone!!

{{{HOLLY!}}}

Win-win-win all around for Tom and family.  Smile

Yep!

I was suppose to run 4 EZ this morning, but we had Bonkos last night (I won!  Yea!!  $60!!!), and one of the ladies who plays is a client of my prior boss, and when I was there, we were embroiled in a nasty trust administration with her two sisters.  It's still going on and it's still nasty, and she wanted to talk about it.  Stood out in front of the hostess's house for 30-40 minutes after everyone else left and didn't get home until around 11:00.  Needless to say, my butt is dragging this morning.  Heck, I'm usually in bed by 8:00, 8:30 at the latest!

So the goal is stay awake at work, get my hair cut this evening, then go home and crash.  Sounds like a plan to me ~

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

(((Holly))) I am glad you were there for her the past week(s) and she got her wish to be at home.

Got home a bit early yesterday from work so headed straight out to Cougar Mtn.  Did 5 trail miles, it was humid and 75F!  Hope to get more running in this weekend....yesterday was the first time I ran since Sunday, I can't let that happen anymore!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Call me a double-dipper as Madame Moon stayed up all night to beckon me back into the still warm lake waters, swimming through shimmering bubbles of silver moonshine with every stroke. Wish there'd been a dock to jump off for even more.  However, goodbye to summer with rain coming in tonight and possible lightning and thunder likely over the weekend. 
                          Still two months, or more, from needing gloves and, though I once wished I wasn’t so stubborn at an Equinox-like 28-degrees for the 2006 Christmas Marathon,<<<(aka Econo’s Revenge (her second marathon and big PR over her no. 1))>>>, I’ll never wear tights or long pants, especially  after showing up for my very first fun run with anyone else (a 5K) in 1976 in Japan and finding out that, even though it was a chilly February morn, everyone else was wearing gym shorts.   Happy Equinox Marathon Erika.  Better have gloves and tights up there thougth.
                          Divechief: hope you get a run in before nightfall, . . and don’t need gloves or tights. .
                          <<<(Holly) - Hope you get to give yourself a little, or big, running break too.  If not, I’m sure it would be a privilege for any, or all, of us to do one for you.  How long again?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Offering more hugs for Holly today.... {{{Holly}}}

So I'm getting better with being nervous, afraid, whatever... some of us aren't in touch with our feelings enough; me, I'm much too aware all the time. So it seems to take more effort for me. Or maybe I'm just aware of that extra effort more than most.... Wink

Regardless, I got up early today to simulate race conditions the best I could. Even wore what I'd be wearing for the marathon, even though I've worn those clothes before on long runs and races. Half mile w/u and c/d, then 10 miles at MP. Was conservative about staying on the slower end of my pace range for the first 5-6 miles, and then the rest were Just. So. Easy!! I let myself speed up just because I could, though I knew for race day I'll have to continue to be just as vigilant at toning things down. But wow, I was really shocked at how good I felt, and actually thought I had shortchanged myself on the miles, I was done so soon. 8:58, 8:58, 9:03, 9:01, 9:10, 9:08, 8:58, 8:47, 8:46, 8:45 (8:57 avg). So hopefully when the anxiety demons take hold of me again, I'll remember how I felt on this run. Fingers crossed!

C-R

Those were nice shed's yesterday.

Well don Jay. That must be one heck of a race and now must go on everyone's To Do list here in Masterville.

OM - sounds like you're settling in and its not anxiousness but excited anticipation of the race. Good luck.

DS finished 29th in his XC race yesterday and is moving up. About 5 places per race. At this rate he might make county. Best of all - he really likes XC and track and was bummed when the coach cancelled practice today to give everyone a well earned rest day. Ha. He and I run a 5k in the morning. Should be fun.

Continued thoughts and prayers for Holly and her family.

Have a great weekend everyone.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Dave59

More prayers and virtual hugs for {{Holly}}.

I finally loaded some workouts to my Garmin 410 and then I did one with 6 intervals of 2 minutes hard followed by 2 minutes recovery.  Some warm-up and cool-down too.  I had some workouts on my 310, but the speaker stopped working and I didn't know when to start and stop things without staring at my watch.  I have been holding off doing the workouts on the 410 because the bezel is frustrating to navigate.