Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 2.10.14 (Read 39 times)

No run for me but thought I would answer questions from yesterday. My girls are doing great, 18 and 16 and great girls. Very proud. Running again for the last month. Had another bad injury that happened last September. Had a bad case of plantar fascia and out doing speed work it ruptured. Ouch, crutches for a month and then recovery, still not 100% but getting there., new orthodics as my foot changed with the rupture. Hitting a new age group this Thursday 50, so thought I need to race again so have booked a 5k race for May to motivate myself.

Happy to see all your great posts. Your an amazing group

Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Marathon Maniac #957

So here is your "legal" lesson for the day: If you own stock in a company and you elect to have actually stock certificates issued to you, don't lose the certificates!!  We have a client who is the beneficiary of a number of investment accounts.  With four of the accounts, the decedent had certificates issued and so far the certificates can't be found.  If she continues to be unable to find them, she is going to have to pay over $3,000 in processing and bond premium fees.  Ack!  I have yet to tell her the good news.

I recently had the same difficulty with one of our clients.  Dad passed away and mom has mild dementia, so no one even knew there were stock certificates until they got a dividend statement and I called the company.  For our client it was just under $1000 to send away for the new certificates, which we had issued in book (digital) form, instead of the hard copy.  Another paralegal did the paperwork (I don't do the funding at our office), but since it was my client (VA pension applicant), I was responsible for follow up.

Tall - nice to see you!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

So sorry Bill. :-(

Greet to see you Tall and good to hear that your girls are doing well and you are back running. PF rupture?! Yeuouch.

Got out at 5 a.m .for 10 miles at 8:45 pace. We had another 3 inches of snow overnight, so my Yak Traks were well used today as well as the middle of  the road. I headed out into the hilly back roads---me and my headlamp and emerging shadows and silhouettes as the sun came up. Meetings in Boston afterward and home again by 4:30 pm. Perfect work day when the client is close.

So glad I am not traveling again until Monday.  My snowshoe racer teammates are happy especially since snowshoe nationals are close-by in southern NH and now we have lots of good snow.

Get well soon Maraposai.

Can't you just see Claire and Annabelle having a blast together and making all sorts of fun for their grandfathers? Love it.

Tall, it's good to hear from you but I'm sorry to learn of the injuries.  steve, great tunnel pictures.  mari, I hope you get feeling better soon.  breger, I'm sorry to hear of your cousin's condition.  My thoughts are with her and the entire family.  Tammy, nice racing with your son.

Nice long runs for ribs, CNY,  C-R, NHLA, Jay, deez, Tramps (including 4 mile race), Holly, and fatozzig.

This morning, I got in 6 miles on the TM at a 10:48 pace.  We're currently at our son's and ready for a babysitting day tomorrow.  Our son has a doctor's appointment as a follow up on his surgery.  We offered to drive him but he plans on going on his own.  It's probably a good test for him to drive as he's hoping to be cleared to go back to work Wednesday.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Wow...I've never heard of the plantar fascia actually rupturing...I hope I never hear about it again...it hurts just thinking about it.

Karin--and all of you who run in the mornings then go off to work and have productive days--just amaze me.  I love to run--but running in the mornings just wipes me out for the day.

I did 6 miles on the treadmill, tonight.  It's supposed to warm up after tomorrow, so I hope to get a couple of runs outside before Sunday.  Yeah--I leave and you can bet that it will be warm and sunny for the whole week I'm gone.  But that's okay.  Because it will be warmer and sunnier where I'll be.

Uh oh--I just heard DW come home.  I'd better sneak upstairs.  See ya...

SteveP

Bill, I am so sorry.

Nice, Sarge.

SteveP