Masters Running

Sunday the 10th Set Your Clock Daily (Read 52 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

rant on-

did a lousy 10-min out and back while visiting Claire in the Smokies,,,,,,,LIQUID FIRE describes the pain my my leg best

am going on crutches,

will check and lurk

but

am really pi$$ed at the monent.

rant off-

.............no huggs necessary............Just Enjoy the Gift...........

No hug, but feel free to remained pi$$ed and to rant.  Repeat as necessary to maintain semblance of sanity.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

No hug, but feel free to remained pi$$ed and to rant.  Repeat as necessary to maintain semblance of sanity.

Exactly.  Hang in there, Tom.

Dive - You met Karen's sister, Kate.  And yes, Kate lost a tremendous amount of weight.  I never knew her when she was heavy, but her blog has a before picture on it, and it's amazing.  Kate is my Ultra Goddess.  She's not fast (well, she's faster than me), but she's consistent and gets the job done.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Rant away TomW

Very happy I made it out finally around dinnertime and ran 7 miles!!!  I only needed 6.6 miles to hit 20 for the week (which is pretty amazing since I have been averaging about 5 miles a week for the past 3 months).  Anyway I ended up with 7 because I had the brain zombie thing going and couldn't do the math.  It went like this -  I need 6.6 miles, I am at 6 miles and am 0.3 miles from the car, so I will do a quick out and back from here by running out another 0.3 miles, turn around and be back at the car at 6.6, right?  Wrong!  This was after another math error that would have brought me back to the car at 6.4 miles instead of 6.6.  Why is it so hard to do math when running?  I have some pretty awesome other thoughts, but maybe they use the other part of my crimped up brain?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tom - I still have some of the purple pills from 2009 in case they might help.

Dive - You met Karen's sister, Kate.  And yes, Kate lost a tremendous amount of weight.  I never knew her when she was heavy, but her blog has a before picture on it, and it's amazing.  Kate is my Ultra Goddess.  She's not fast (well, she's faster than me), but she's consistent and gets the job done.

Kate is everyone's ultra-goddess. She MM'ed at Econo's redemption run at the 2005 Christmas Marathon and was anything but not fast when she and hippo shot past us early starters in the 2007 Century 100K, . . . on the same rails-to-trails route as this summer's Light-at-the-end-of-the-Tunnel Marathon.

ps divechief - glad  your work schedule changes will allow you some training time for the upcoming St. Pat's Dash with Enke and me.  However, did anyone mention that even that only gives you four days to train?  Don't worry though.  I know the feeling.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Rant away TomW

+1

Nice run, Enke!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Kate is everyone's ultra-goddess. She MM'ed at Econo's redemption run at the 2005 Christmas Marathon and was anything but not fast when she and hippo shot past us early starters in the 2007 Century 100K, . . . on the same rails-to-trails route as this summer's Light-at-the-end-of-the-Tunnel Marathon.

I should probably reword myself.  She's not one of the speedsters (i.e., can run a 100 miler in 24 hrs or less), but she is probably one of the most consistent people I've ever had the great opportunity to run with.  Nothing seems to get to her.  She keeps her head about her at all times, and just keeps chugging along.  I remember her first time at Western States in 2010.  Coming in to Green Gate at something like 2:00 in the a.m., she was having horrible blister problems, including under her toenails.  Got to the foot aid station, handed her a needle (for like a syringe), and she calmly drilled holes in the tops of the toenails on her big toes to drain and release the pressure.  I guess that's what happens when you're an MD.  Calm under extreme circumstances. Smile

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance