Masters Running

Audio Books for LRs (Read 263 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I am one of those "have to have music for my runs" gals, but for my extra-long LRs during marathon training, audio books really help the time go by. 

My latest books? 

1.    The Host.  This book, which is the longest audio book I've listened to (20 discs), has held me spellbound for the last few LRs.  I have deliberately saved the last 3 discs for this weekend's 22-miler. 

2..    Born to Run, which I might have found tedious in parts if I were reading it, but for my LRs it was great. 

3.    Just about anything written by John Sandford or Lee Child will hold my attention.

So, what are you listening to?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Head Procrastinator

I've listened to The Host, Born to Run and ALL the Lee Child Reacher books (I did read a few and on the wait list for the newest one)

The Help is good

Anything Nelson DeMille

3 Cups of Tea

I've got more but those are off the top. I commute 25 miles each way to work and mostly listen to audio books from the online library.

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

Renee the dog

A new translation of "The Canterbury Tales."  All my running friends mock me, but let me tell you, that is a hilarious listen on a 20 miler!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I highly recommend "THE HELP".     Not only is it a really good book, it is 3 parts, so for a slow runner like me it lasted a long time!

Holly - I had the same opinion of "Born to Run" and am glad I listened to it.   Probably wouldn't have lasted through reading it.

Harlan Coben is a good author too and he has a new one out called "Caught" that is just finished reading.  I think you'd like most of his books.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mariposai

Reading the help right now...Being a Lit. major I just have to read certain books.

I normally run without music....but I may try to listen to a book after reading this thread.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard