Masters Running

Thur Sept 4 Runs and workouts (Read 444 times)

a wee bit tired today... 9 miles in total -at the track; 5 miles biking to/from...88 degrees kinda sorta melted me a bit... 1.5 mile warmup 5x1200M in ~4:46 (6:20pace or so)--/ jog-walk 400 M (2-2:30 average) 3/4 mile jog easy 6x200M (~39sec)--/jog-walk 200M (2:00average) 1.5 mile cooldown biked home; DS1 had first game of fall baseball-and I was asked to ump the game as no scheduled umps showed up; 6-2 W for the home boys with a strong outing by all our kids, but especially the pitchers...so nice to hear the little sponges soaking up all the advice life is good...
    Mariposai

Has anyone else noticed Enke's new avatar? A photo of a wooden dock extending far out into a mist-covered lake ... the trick of perspective makes the dock seem to narrow into the distance ... the viewer's eye is led inexorably to the end of the dock, where it searches for the figure of Enke, for this is her avatar ... but the dock is empty, devoid of life, and the still waters of the lake reveal nothing. My frens, this is a desperate cry for help. Dark Horse
      Dark Horse, we sure missed your poetic way of expressing yourself. When you were gone all poetry in this forum was gone as well. It is soooooooooo good to have you back.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I was asked to ump the game as no scheduled umps showed up; 6-2 W for the home boys with a strong outing by all our kids, but especially the pitchers
        H*ll, you were calling the balls and strikes; no wonder your pitchers did great. (My frens, you have to read between the lines of a dtoce post.) Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.