Masters Running

Friday's daily, 2.14.14 (Read 37 times)

evanflein

Another benefit of the aging process with more control over your time:

after taking a number and waiting for 30 minutes at a certain gov't office today,

I was asked politely if I wouldn't mind coming back on Tuesday.

No reason was given and I didn't care.

"Sure, no problem, happy valentine's day," I responded

The bewildered looking clerk was speechless.

That's awesome, Tet. Good for you. Happy Valentines to you, too!

Dave, that's a lotta half marathons! We only have one around here. Not sure why. Tons of stupid 5ks for all sorts of charities and good causes, but only one half marathon and it's a fund raiser for one of our high school cross country teams. Wish there were more.

5.6 miles on the treadmill tonight, with 3 x .2 mile "striders" (for lack of a better term) at 7:30 pace in mile 4. Just something to do to help pass the time. I sure hope to get outside this weekend, we might get above zero on Sunday!

SteveP

Happy President's Day three-day weekend too.

I think it' only if he doesn't see his shadow.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

I like Ribs' idea of Valentines.

+1

Leslie - I can't believe you don't have more trail races up there, given the beautiful part of the country where you live.  Even as "citified" as we are in southern Ohio, we have TONS of trail races of all different lengths.

Tet - no 3-day weekend for some of us...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

NHLA

That's some hefty timber!!  I'm guessing that you don't move those around by yourself.  Had to look that up--Google also gave me a "wicket" gate as an option.  You must be dealing with a pretty good sized dam.  Hydro?

Wicket is correct.  Not sure where these are going. I will find out. We supply the timbers to a company in WI who assemble the gates.

This project is going to take 20 tls of timbers so it must be a big dam. No way would I ever try to pick one up.