Masters Running

Sunday 11/10 daily (Read 40 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey--I'm back...I have a couple questions...

SubDood--what are you training for?

IBUB--how did your second half marathon go?

That's it...

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Beautiful photo of the flying goddess too.
      I’d like to see one of wildchild 'n holly and the rest of the ultra-goddeses

taken sometime on the way down to Corral Pass
      with a Mt. Rainier backdrop. <<<(WhiteRiver/WhiteRiver)>>>

.Good job dive chief talking the goddesses into a hike instead of havin’ to try to keep up to them on the mountain trails so many of the goddesses love so much.   In case you still can’t keep up, be sure to take your camera and have them stop for a photo-op whenever you get too tired.  Good luck.
      2-cat you must know the RD pretty well to get ten minutes taken off your half mary finish.  It never works for me. However, check out deez’s photo and see it’s not only me you miss by being an hour faster than us regular runners.
      Wonder what jay'll be doin’ at 11:11:13 a.m. on 11/11/13?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Nice racing out there today! Twocat, that's a fast time even before the "correction."

No run for me today. We got so much snow last night! Woke up to about 8 inches of the white stuff. DH spent most of the afternoon shoveling our back driveway (the one we drive up to the house) and the top by the house. I spent the afternoon cleaning out the linen closet (what is all that old crap?) and the garage so we can get the car in (not my car, my MIL's car). Amazing how much useless crap we have in the garage.... I also cleaned up and around the treadmill, so it's almost ready to go. Our garage is very dusty and lots of seed fluff from willows and fireweed. I really should vacuum the TM before using it, but I might just give it a try tomorrow. I figured this was already a low mileage week, so what the hell, no harm in taking another day off (not calling it a rest day though... lots of hard work!).

Made a beef stew for dinner, which was perfect for this sort of day. We could work away on our respective projects and dinner was braising away in the oven for 2+ hours. Perfect!

Marathon Maniac #957

C-R - nice racing for you and Patrick!

Erika - 8" already...I am so not ready for that yet...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SubDood

Hey--I'm back...I have a couple questions...

SubDood--what are you training for?

IBUB--how did your second half marathon go?

That's it...

Sorry I missed this yesterday, Mike. I'm training for Boston. I'm so incredibly psyched to be running it! It'll be my first, and possibly my only, Boston Marathon.  I am following a 24-week training plan from Running Wizard. I used the plan for my last marathon and it seemed to prepare me well.

I saw that you did an 18-miler at a 7:15 pace with your son recently. I am so incredibly jealous! Are you training for anything specific?