Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 6.12.18 (Read 39 times)

BTY

Hi friends, just a drive-by.  I am not much of a runner these days, I'm sorry to say.  I took most of the winter off and dove back in with 3X/week 3 to 4 mile runs in May.  I was quite happy with that and would have been happy to stay there for June, but on June 1, I rolled my ankle on a walk during my coffee-break, and have been side-lined since.  No X-rays, but I think it was just a sprain.  I'm still working out at the gym 4 to 5 mornings per week and getting my cardio at the cemetery reclamation project.  Actually, I wore my HR watch to the gym today and was mildly surprised to see that my HR was in the zone during the strength training even though I do only 5 to 8 reps (to failure) on most exercises during this phase of my training. I knew my HR stayed well into the zone back in the day when I aimed for 12 to 15 reps and didn't rest between sets, doing a typical circuit training regimen.

Keep on keeping on Masters, and run one for me.

Brian

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, lovely weather this morning...lower humidity and temps than normal.  So did 5.5 miles (still without the knee support) at what turned out to be an 8:40 or so pace.  After work I tried to bike....and flatted the rear tire.  Had what I needed to repair it, but my little hand pump could only get to about 40 psi (normally around 100 to 110 psi).  So just under 7 miles.

Thank you Tammy, Tom, fattozig and C-R.  I've passed on your suggestions to my friend.

MikeE, hmmm, sounds like we use similar injury treatment techniques.

Have a great night everyone!

3 EZ just to stay on my feet. Between hurting the achilles and other time demands I haven't put in many miles lately.

Going to the Sierras for a few days on a wildlife expedition this weekend, I'll put in a lot of miles walking and hopefully running in the Emigrant Wilderness. Trails are nice, they keep me from running too fast and re-hurting.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

mrrun

((Holly and Twocat)))

Along those lines, hug your family and friends.  We just came back from shiva (Jewish service for someone who died) for the father of a friend.  It puts life into perspective.

marj

C-R

Wow Holly and twocat. So sad. Reminds us to treat each day as special.

Very funny Mike. If I had a nickel for every time I did that I would be very wealthy. Just blame old age. Everyone just rolls with that.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mariposai

Hi friends, just a drive-by.  I am not much of a runner these days, I'm sorry to say.  I took most of the winter off and dove back in with 3X/week 3 to 4 mile runs in May.  I was quite happy with that and would have been happy to stay there for June, but on June 1, I rolled my ankle on a walk during my coffee-break, and have been side-lined since.  No X-rays, but I think it was just a sprain.  I'm still working out at the gym 4 to 5 mornings per week and getting my cardio at the cemetery reclamation project.  Actually, I wore my HR watch to the gym today and was mildly surprised to see that my HR was in the zone during the strength training even though I do only 5 to 8 reps (to failure) on most exercises during this phase of my training. I knew my HR stayed well into the zone back in the day when I aimed for 12 to 15 reps and didn't rest between sets, doing a typical circuit training regimen.

Keep on keeping on Masters, and run one for me.

Brian

Brian, so good to see your posting here. Sorry about the ankle ouchie. Glad to see you have been running 3x/week. I think as we are growing older, every mile is a gift.

Holly, sorry to hear about the news. Will be praying for you and your family. Keep us posted, please

Today I left the office at 3pm to fit in a running and to enjoy the lovely spring weather here. Finally I was able to run my hilly 8 mile route, which is filled with ripe cherry orchards right now. Eight smile miles with kale chips floating on my head.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Two Cat, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

(((((Holly))))) I've often hoped your father's side would grow closer.

DD#3 is having a boy!!!!

SteveP

...nice to see BTY checking in.........

just remember,

that's why God invented Cross-Training

....ps.........Up The Albanians!!!!!..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....