Masters Running

Mon Dec 15 Masters Daily (Read 521 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Really weird weather everywhere, it seems. It was -5F here this morning and hit a high of about 13F today. It was colder down in the flatlands, though, due to an inversion. I heard they set a record low temp yesterday at Denver's airport of -16F. So I wussed out again and ran at the rec center. I met DD there after school (she gets off the school bus there on her days to run C25K). I only did 3 miles, avg pace 10:07.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Yes, the ORRRC Marathon on April 5. With only a $20 entry fee, I couldn't resist. I'm a sucker for a good bargain. But you are right, no way will you be in marathon shape by then. Don't even try, my friend. You want to heal up right and be ready for Seattle.
      Yeah, but ya don't understand. My first run hopefully Feb 1st, is going to be a 20 plus miler...haven't you learned by now, lol. Bummed TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

We've got those inversions, too, Carolyn. Makes it nice to live in the hills. Unfortunately, I have to balance good footing and cold temps (flatland plowed bike paths) or warmer temps but lots of hills... Currently we've got +8F and a couple inches of new fluffy snow! Going to make for whiteout conditions on the roads. I'm heading to the gym/pool for some weights and/or pool running, then home.
          It was 60 degrees and the sun was still shining when I got home from school, but I ran two days in a row this weekend and tonight was tree-trimming night, so I have to resist the urge to run in a skirt in December. Did some stretching and quad strength in the glow of the Christmas tree. Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com