Masters Running

I’m not running today, but I’m starting this anyway Thursday 614-18 (Read 36 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Jay o’cloc Departure for the airport. Off to LA for DD’ s graduation. It’s been a long interesting journey for all of us.

Good running, walking, and life in general

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Have fun, Stumpy!  Congratulations to your daughter!

coastwalker

Mornin' Stumpy, Mike, and everyone else.

Have a great trip, and congrats to your DD and you too, Stumpy!

Wednesday’s workouts:
        RunnerKSA (3.3 morning miles +2 post-work, pre-sushi TM miles)
        Tramps (5 early droopy miles)
        Dave59 (3.7 sweaty morning park miles)
        Quickadder (5.1 EZ steamy morning miles with DD)
         Fatozzig (1+ hr of morning core/ST)
        Pfriese (early 8.25 park miles)
        C-R (6.2 TM miles with sore calf)
        Twocat (1 hr on the elliptical - no matches)
        TammyGP (3 early morning miles while DH had a kidney blast)
        Mike (lifting weights)
        Falconfixer (5.6 morning miles)
        Wildchild (3 evening miles ‘round the hood)
        Evanflein (8.1 evening miles in nice weather)

I hope that crowd wasn’t bigger that the inauguration, Tramps!   Running the ad is a class act. Kudos to the Caps.

Congrats on the successful dentist appt. Dave. I always take the long tangents on my workouts, so I’m all over the road. But there is very little traffic at the hour I’m out, and I can hear them before they see me, so I can move over if needed.

Holly, it’s good that you get to enjoy your dogs, coming or going.

Good luck to your DH, Tammy, and to you both at this weekend’s grad. party.

Back when I used to run, I saw a guy sitting on a curb, having a smoke, just before the NY Marathon. I didn’t understand how someone could smoke and run then, and I still don’t.

Have you ever thought about running for office, Steve?

I have too much on my plate, and had to back out on a project planned for today. And I’m getting a little stressed over the first of 3 workshops on flooding that we are hosting next Tuesday (registrations are much higher than we expected), and a grant application for a project I really want to do that is due early in July. And last night, our neighbor let me know that the new dam (as of Dec.) at the pond across the street is leaking. Just what I need... I woke at 2 this morning, and only got about a half hour's sleep after that. No workout today - just head work.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Congratulations, stumpy!      Thanks, Jay.

I despise smoking.  I won't hire smokers.  It's really a thing with me.  Of course, there are people in my life who smoke (brother in law, for one) and it concerns me so much.  It truly is the singe worst thing you can do to yourself health-wise.

3 miles that I really didn't have time to do.  Didn't sleep well and went out for 2 miles but managed to do 3 and am now late....   Later, y'all.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Quickadder

I have too much on my plate, and had to back out on a project planned for today. And I’m getting a little stressed over the first of 3 workshops on flooding that we are hosting next Tuesday (registrations are much higher than we expected), and a grant application for a project I really want to do that is due early in July. And last night, our neighbor let me know that the new dam (as of Dec.) at the pond across the street is leaking. Just what I need... I woke at 2 this morning, and only got about a half hour's sleep after that. No workout today - just head work.

Jay, you need to delegate more! True, the things you delegate may not get done quite as well as if you had done them yourself, but that is better than some of them not getting done at all.

I used to have problems delegating and signed up to attend a course on how to delegate better, but ended up sending someone else in my place.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

I used to have problems delegating and signed up to attend a course on how to delegate better, but ended up sending someone else in my place.

Classic!

The husband of our dept secretary smokes AND chews, and cancer runs in his family.  Plus, he sits most of the day since he's a log truck driver.  He's major health issue just waiting to happen.

Holly - Love the description of your dogs welcoming you home.  Wilson is our official greeter.

Safe travels, Stumpy.  Congrats on your DD's graduation.

6 miles this a.m.  I walked all the inclines in an effort to relieve some of the straight on my hammie.

I took a Benedryl before I came to work because my nose was running off my face and I wanted to take pipe cleaner to my eyes and throat because they were itching so bad. Now I'm feeling drowsy and am trying to compensate by drinking a butt load of coffee.  

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Jay o’cloc Departure for the airport. Off to LA for DD’ s graduation. It’s been a long interesting journey for all of us.

...Enjoy it stumpy......

============

mid 90s

.......65-min HH 3-2s

gonna take

my own advice

and

buy some V-8

for this Hot Stuff

.................Good Running to Ya.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

Congrats Kevin.

Did 3 miles on a very scenic route in South Boston-Castle Island (near the JFK Library) and finished with a delicious bowl of clam chodaw- summer is really here! Going down to Cape Cod for an overnight this weekend.

pfriese

I was out early to drive to the Wichita Mts Wildlife Refuge in southwestern Oklahoma for a morning run to the top of Mt. Scott. It's a beautiful area near my small hometown. It's 3 miles to the top (1000 feet above surrounding prairie)  via a paved road which is closed to vehicular traffic before 9:30am. Makes for a great place to go for a run. Anyways, 6 miles total for my run this morning.

The road to the base of the mountain.

Road to Mt. Scott

A view from the top. My car is parked by the fork in the road.

At the top

Another view from the top. My wife & I got married 42 years ago near this spot.

Another pic from the top

A bison coming up to cross the road. I took the photo out the car window. Mt. Scott is the flat topped mountain on the horizon.

A bison headed towards the road with Mt Scott in the background.

And a bison that had already crossed the road.

And one that already crossed the road.

The Garmin map of this morning's run.

Garmin map of the run

Paul

Mta: I saw other wildlife on my run; a snake, a roadrunner, & a ringtail cat (related to racoons). but no pictures of them. It was the first time I had ever seen a ringtail in this area.

TammyinGP

Great pics Paul!  

hey, you know what tomorrow is all you former WRR runners?? Yep, it's relay weekend here in So. Or.   I'll probably rendezvous my late afternoon to meet up with a Van O' Friends out in my neck of the woods when they should be running through. 

Instead of doing all the relay shopping and food planning like I've done in past years, I've been doing all the shopping and party planning for Saturday's party at our house. I'm not sure which is less stressful?

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Paul - that looks like a lovely place to run!

Leslie - if I take Benadryl, I am down for the count in an hour or so - no way could I work.  You have stamina!

{{{Jay}}} - you work too hard, but all for such great causes.  Your community is very lucky to have you.

Low humidity made the morning run fee almost chilly.  5.4 miles total.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

What great pictures, Paul.  Looks like a perfect place to run (except for the snake).

2.1 decompressing treadmill miles after work/mammogram, so 5.1 for the day.   My husband will be home tomorrow afternoon, thank God.  I've managed pretty well, but we'll all be glad to have him back.  It sounds like they enjoyed riding the Katy Trail, although it was hot.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

SteveP

Stumpy, We're aching to see pictures. Proud parents rock.

Have you ever thought about running for office, Steve?

I used to dance and strip for tips. Once a lady hired me to dress like a ballerina. Go to where her husband worked and sing happy birthday. I hadn't shaved all week, I was bench pressing 135% of my body weight, I cut the top to nearly my navel, put horrid runs in the stockings, wore army boots, had the wig on half sideways, my face was painted like Heath Ledger's Joker and I had the butt of a huge cigar.

Twice, the Michigan State police helped me off the stage while doing karaoke. I'm reasonably sure it wasn't for being a good singer. A few of the bar staff were the only ones who were not laughing. Even the police weer amused. (I wasn't arrested.but was not allowed to drive home).  Then there's a few embarrassing things and things I may have blacked out through.

Leslie, my Dr has suggested Allegra. The generic runs less than $10.00 a month.All I have to do is run out to remember why I started taking it.

Henrun, it sounds nice.

Paul, Greta pictures. Our dog would like the buffalo.

DW had a birthday today!! A gentleman remembers a lady's birthday but forgets her age.

We went someplace really nice. The place-mat was also the menu! And it also had pictures of the food!! AND There were puzzles on the back of the place-mats too! SaaWeet!!! I kept loosing to tic-tac-toe, but it was still really nice for DW's special day.  I let her ride in the truck where the dogs normally sit. She was so happy she couldn't stop crying. I did really good!

Then I read her the poem you guys helped me with:

My love for you burns like a rash from poison sumac.

So really big and powerful and sweet as elevator Mazak.

We been through storm, wind and pelting rain.

And when we’re apart I feel so much pain.

Kind of similar to a tooth ache when you’ve got stuck corn niblets.

Or the ongoing agony like when you kick me in the giblets.

My love for you is really swell.

Maybe one day my poems to you will really start to sell.

When she finally unlocks the door and comes out of the bathroom, I'm going to get some sweet loving. Sorry lady's, I'm taken.

Thanks all!!!

SteveP

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, quick post.  Short (3.5 miles) easy run this morning.  Knee still feeling pretty good (yes!).  A couple of farewells for me here today.  If I ever figure out how to post pictures (at some point I'll figure out how to post photos in my FB account) I'll post them.  A framed picture of the group photo we took with as many people as could signing the matting; a flask and glasses from the AMXS (acronym not really important, it's my squadron that works on the aircraft) and a from my MXS (squadron that does "heavy" aircraft maintenance and the "off equipment" maintenance) made a beautiful Wright Flyer with a stand.  There are a LOT of very creative artisans in most MXS's.  I'm also going to "attach" myself to a crew for a flight tomorrow.  We'll go out over the Atlantic and refuel some F-15's (I think) then there will be a "low altitude" "lighthouse leg"--essentially flying along the Outer Banks past each of the major lighthouses.  I'm told to be in the boom pod (back of the aircraft where the refueling boom is) for the best views.  Will bring a camera...but would still have to learn how to post the pictures.

Stumpy, Congratulations to DD!

Have a great night everyone!

. . . decompressing . . . after . . . mammogram

Seriously? No one else picked up on this?? 

SteveP - The ladies have no idea what they're missing out on.

Anyone wish they could be on Falconfixer's flight tomorrow?

The Hub just went next door and talked to the neighbor because they're dog is in the back yard and has barking and whining almost non-stop for the last 20+ min.  Ends up they were having some kind of religious event and put him back there to get him out from under foot.  He's stopped barking, so I guess they let him back inside.

I'm trying to decide if I should stop running until my butt feels better and cancel my race at the end of next month . . . . 

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance