Masters Running

Wenatchee Marathon RR...a 17' PR. 1 AG (Read 400 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Congratulations on a fantastic run!!! Talk about getting the marathoners to come a wonderful target to aim for.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

You can find 4 more, I promise.
      Yeah, if you only came to warm up on this bike path before Mt. Si Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Sweet PR and sweet to run for your mama! Well done, and I loved the RR and the pictures, too.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful and inspiring RR of such a fantastic race. Congratulations! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

evanflein

I know you told me all about this on the phone, but I logged on tonight, before I run Boston tomorrow, just to read your race report. I just love the joy and heart you put into your running, Mariposai, and you set an example we should all follow. Your spirit and dedication are a true inspiration, and I'll be thinking of you tomorrow on my run. Oh, and you'll get that BQ. Of that I'm very sure. Thanks. Yes
            Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Nancy, Congratulations on a great PR and such a meaningful race. You did work so very hard with your training , I have great admiration for how you were able to focus and stick with it throughout a very nasty winter, but isn't it wonderful when spring finally comes..?? Looking forward to seeing you and may be running together in Seattle. Francesca
                Congratulations, Mari! What an incredible PR! And what a tribute to your mom. I think of my mom every time I run an event. Because of her RA, she couldn't conceive of walking a mile let alone running one. It's a wonderful thing to have had someone so special in our lives.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Results: First place in age group. 8th overall, women's division.
                  it's one thing to have such a joyous marathon but to clobber your competition too is almost aamos-like. I have a feeling you might be seeing her too next year at this time, . . . but it won't be in Wenatchee. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

dg.

Nancy, I am thrilled for you. The way you live your whole life is an honor to your mother, then you topped it off so beautifully with this marathon! How perfect that it was on her birthday & in such a beautiful location. Thanks for the pictures. Every good result from this you earned!!!! You give your best to everything. So for you to "really do your best" for your mother in this race.... wow! Talk about a full-hearted effort. Congratulations!!!! Relax and enjoy all the euphora ... (& the parties ) Big grin

Marathon Maniac #3309

Nancy, you had me at : I ran my heart out in honor of the most amazing women I have ever known: my mama. You truly are an amazing Woman, that we all adore here at RA! I loved watching your training evolve, with all the hard work you put into this race....and it sure paid off nicely. Wow, 17 minute PR is huge and only the beginning for the Butterfly Queen...can't wait till your BQ race, as we will be along for the ride then also (it will happen ya know) Smile Thank for a Great RR...Tremendous Race...From a Speedy Lady Your Friend TimBO PS: See ya in Seattle

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Top 'O the World!

{{{Congratulations}}} What a joy it is to read your posts/RR's Smile
                        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                          A spectacular report. Sounds as if you take after your mom, from your description of her. You honor her daily by being who you are, and doing what you do, but this was truly special and extraordinary. Congrats to you, and thank you for attributing some part of your triumph to your RA friends. It's a privilege to be a part of your life, and to know of your dear mom. See you in a few months! huge grins, A
                          Masters 2000 miles