Masters Running

Oops (Read 369 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

(Sigh)

I hate it when I do that.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Nothing much to report here - other than I am so freaking tired!!!   Geez-Louise!     Hailey woke me up around 4:30 a.m. which is unusual, and that is when I noticed the lightening, so I turned off the alarm clock and went back to sleep.     I did get in two very hilly runs in the North country of Michigan over the weekend.   My BIL and SIL have a place at the top of the highest point in the area.   No avoiding hills and believe me - I tried.

Happy Hump Day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Holly, you didn't like my Daily thread? 

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, you didn't make your Wednesday very big........

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

Hey Holly!  How you doin'?   Smile

Runners run

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

heyilene, you'd never do anything crazy like that would you MM#2478?

-----------

Looks to be a hot one for the 50K on Saturday, although I expected that.  I'm wondering if I should go against the usual advice for races of this length and deliberately go out fast for the first half, and take advantage of the cooler air, as opposed to trying to set a steady pace throughout

Holly,

thanks for the secret threat for a private reply that nobody else can see.  whew.

Did you really just say that about your 50K?
              It’s just nuts and is something that few, if anyone, would attempt.
              Nevertheless, I’m in awe of your runner’s brain that could even rationalize a rational rationale for it.

Next thing you know, you’ll be trying to run a marathon on just water, on minimal, if any, training,

with a preliminary swim/bike, no  shoes or goofy shoes, or something else we’re not supposed to do. 
              However, as long as you’re not trying to PR or beat somebody <<<(timbo/timbo)>>>,
              it’s the kind of experiment that doesn’t get to happen often in our running careers.

Please do it. 

Maybe you’ll bonk at mile 20 and have to walk the last eleven miles.
              Maybe you’ll walk from mile 20 - 22 and have a mariposai finish.
              Maybe you’ll DNF at mile 16.
              So what?
              When you do your 50th ultra in 2030, you’ll look back with a big smile

that you tried something different at least once in your career.
              <start selfish confession>Actually, I tried it a number of marathons back in those days and it never worked out like I wished it might either,  However, based on that experience, I’ve been thinking of some modified version to put some life into what-have-now-become my super-conservative marathons <<<(six/sevenhours)>>> that I’ve been blaming on my knee for a long time.  I’d love to know how your version works out for you and may even try it again for me at the end of the month.<end selfish confession

thanks.
              from your fellow nonconformist.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet - you are such a hoot - I sure wish I could meet you and especially run with you someday!  

I'll let you know how it works out.....

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tet.....................now that was funny 

I agree with ya holly about meeting Mr Tet....I'd be able to run a few barefoot miles too...

TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

#artbydmcbride

Meeting and running with Tetsujin is everything you imagine it to be....and more!!  

Runners run

TammyinGP

yes, it is Ilene. 

I remember when I ran with him during the first five miles of the Eugene Marathon a few years back - it was like running with a celebrity! So many folks along the course commented on the barefoot runner and he just has such an infectious personality that everyone wants to talk to him (of course, they usually have no idea what he said after he's done, but that's besides the point!) . . .

can't wait to see you in a few more days Tet!

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

Meeting and running with Tetsujin is everything you imagine it to be....and more!!  

The "imagine" part great ------------the "and more" part scares me (leave that for the hot tub escapades with the wimmins

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!