Masters Running

Wednesday July 21 Daily things....... (Read 662 times)

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Sadie, I'm sorry your mom made you have a bath. I don't like baths. Sometimes Mom and Dad make me have one too.  It makes rolling in things more fun cause Mom's and Dad's get all rexcited. Try laying in the mud. It makes me happy after a nasty old bath.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

There ya go Holly!!!!! Tell her you're getting a sex change.....I'm sorry....gender readjustment...or what ever the kids are calling it now....

Stumpy, the way your mind works is great!

Stumpy.

Every one

I'm ashamed for him.

I'm sorry for him.

I hope you know he's not my real dad.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Holly,

Good luck.

Karin,

{{{{{{}}}}}}

dg,

aww!

6 miles tonight in 57:ish minutes for 9:30 ish pace.  I was going to continue on my 7.5 mile loop but I just never woke up tonight. It didn't seem that hot and I did take water but when I got home it was 87 so I guess it was hotter than it seemed.

Good runs everyone

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

15 miles this morning at 5:00 am and I pounded it at 8:02 pace.

BEAST.

Take care of your Granny.

7 mile progression, 8:46-6:36, with a 1/2 WD, which gave me 7.5 miles in 1:01, which, is, uh, 8:02 pace.

Walt

evanflein

What a day this was! I didn't run at lunchtime because it was just too wet out. Didn't want to come back to work all wet and bedraggled. So left at about 3:45 and headed out into the rain. There were no "light" rain areas, really, it was all over. Headed out on the trail till I got tired of the puddles, then on the main road dealing with spray from the vehicles. Oh well, I was already soaked through. Ended up with a tempo run, partly because of the terrain (mostly gentle downhill trend after mile 3), but also because I was running late AND wanted to get done and out of the rain!

DH called me with about half mile to go (it was after 5), and picked me up shortly after. After I went back to my office and got my stuff, he dropped me off at the top of the hill and I ran down to the intersection to get my goal mileage in. I love how he caters to my eccentricities! 

Oh, and it's 8 pm now, the rain has stopped and the sun is out!! Oh well, I wouldn't want to go running now anyway. Had a pork roast in the crockpot all day and had shredded pork sandwiches after we got home. Doing laundry, read the paper, had a glass of wine (ok, 2...) and a nice hot shower. Ready to shut things down soon and head to bed at a decent hour.

...while I wish Holly  only The Best.......

=======

as An Employer

OR

''Ruthless Exploiter of The Working Classes''

as we are popularly known

I have

taken the liberty

of writing all these ''tips'' down

and

put them on Index Cards

to hold up before my employees if they try to feed 'em to me.

thanks to all of you for Spilling the Beans.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

So, Tom, next time one of your employees tells you they need to take the afternoon off to get a gender readjustment, you'll know they have a job interview......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

Big grin
                    ...next time
                    one of your employees tells you they need to take the afternoon off to get a gender readjustment, you'll know they have a job interview......

.you think I would have figured it out before this.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....