Masters Running

Monday morning Nov 9 (Read 471 times)

Mariposai you are a day early.  The big event is tomorrow at 9:30AM.  But who is counting? 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tetsujin, sometimes I think you know my stats better than me. 

no kidding quenie, I've been watching your stats ever since they were about the same as mine.

Unfortunately, there's no way I can touch them now.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Karin, I am being careful and smart. After the weekends runs my legs were sore and tired.....knew they would be. So tonight I let my running legs rest and rode my mountain bike for 2 hours, which was about 30 miles. I am ready for taper, and will run again tomorrow.....I am getting excited for my Marathon, and hope the weather holds out-------TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for your replies to my question about my slump!  They were helpful.  Yes, signing up for a race is a good idea.  I'm reluctant to sign up for one in February - I don't mind running in the cold, but if it were a very windy day I would hate it.  Maybe I'll look for one in April!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dear swan goddess,

No matter what the weather, I hope you can sign up for the February event. 

It doesn't have to be raced but just a formal way of providing the incentive to do the running you know you want to do and wouldn't do otherwise.  Besides, no matter what the weather is that keeps us inside on our own, there's so many hundreds of others challenging, braving and sharing the elements too, you'll wonder why you even hesitated .

Good luck.

ps - nothing wrong with doing one in December and January too.Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)