Masters Running

7/13 Monday Master runs - workouts - and healing "vibes" (Read 392 times)

SteveP

Yeah JLynne and hubby!!!!! Horay!!!

I'll straighten out your boss for ya Hopeful.

The Super Gs sound like a lot of fun.

Kewl Wildchild!!!

Good to see you Carneium..Can we get an RR on the sandwich...mmmmm

No paper trail...it's a well kept secret among 25,000,000 internet users. ssshhhh. Seriously Timbo..A little green appreciation is kewl.

Nono...Hahahaha...Timbo...disregards the previous kudos

No run again today. DW wants me to get outta work early Tuesday and see the Dr about my ivy leg. I'm too much of a "walk it off" kinda person for my own good

SteveP

Henrun

Had a wonderful weekend of "R&R" (if you can call cycling 52 miles in 2 days R&R) as we had our annual visit to my BIL in the Hamptons. We had the usual 2 ferry ride and met BIL and SIL on Shelter Island and continued on the 3rd ferry to Sag Harbor. Just relaxed and ate and drank all weekend. On the way home (we leave our car in New London) the ferry was loaded with North Fork Triathlon participants- every car had a sleek racing bike.

This morning we each did 7+ miles to get back to running.

Can't get over this great weather we're having. (I know it won't last-this is New England).

Slo

No pool time but I did get a run in. 5.5 miles at a very physically relaxing,  but mentally 9:00 pace.  I should be running these slower but I have never been able to get the hang of it.

Finished with 5 70 meter strides.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yes, the weather is beautiful!  We haven't hit 80 degrees since May 22.  Lots of sunshine, though!  My family arrives from Texas after midnight tonight, so I hope we get decent weather for a little longer.  Of course, they would be thrilled if it were rainy and cool!  They're tired of 105 degrees.

My RP and I ran the Yarmouth Clam Festival 5-Mile route today that we will race on Saturday.  Wow, I hope the race goes as well as our run today did!

I officially started my 12-week HM training program today.  It called for strength work in addition to the run, so DS helped me with some arm stuff.  Tomorrow he turns 17 and I turn 47 - I don't know which number is scarier!

Maniac 505

no running for me today.  I just walked and walked and walked to get my mind around some stuff.

back of my knee (below the hamstring) has been a little dicey since the 10 miler after the seattle RNR  marathon.  feeling lots better today.  If I feel good, I will head out for 15 tomorrow,  last long run before the San Francisco Marathon.

I am worried about the San Francisco marathon weekend,  but I expect the run to be easy. Sad

Can't get over this great weather we're having.

Me neither. It was 49F this morning....went for an 8 miler. Later in the day was a breezy 69F...did another 6. I'm sure to be met by a deluge soon....Wacky weather here in the NE.

wildchild

Carolyn

Craneium and Divechief, sorry you guys are both having stuff to deal with... hope all is OK.  Please feel free to share more if it would help.

4.4 delightful trail miles after work in the local state park. 2.2 miles up up up (1240 ft net elevation gain) in 32 minutes then 2.2 miles back down down down in 22 minutes.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Dove

The Dovenator

Divechief, I'm breaking my "lurk only" mode to pop in and give you a cyber hug. Hope things go all right for you in SF.

-Dove

"it's just like having fun, but different"

evanflein

Ditto, Divechief. I think I know what's going on and wish you all the best.

Hot night tonight... It was 91 when we finished up the soccer game at 7:45. DS2 played awesome. I'm just amazed at how much he's advanced the last couple of years. He has so much power behind his kicks, and ball control has really come along way. Just a delight to watch. Even sitting there in the sweltering sun, sweating away like crazy... and I wasn't on the field!