Masters Running

Monday, April 4th 4th run to Mary's Falls (Read 38 times)

Leslie - are you coming for the Portland Oregon Marathon party?  Even if you don't run the race, I am sure we will rent a house big enough for another occupant.  I know it is a bit of a drive, but this may be the closest I get to you, and I have wanted to meet you for a long time.......

+1

I am looking forward to meeting everyone in Portland too. I am glad MikeE will be there so I can finally meet him too.  I have always wanted to come to the PNW for a race. I have only been there once, back in 1975 on a long road trip with a college friend -- in my Ford Pinto!

Well my streak of getting faster times on my lake route ended today by just 9 seconds. I know it was that stinking headwind on the home stretch.  Oh well, Not too bad considering I ran "long" yesterday. Quite a bit cooler today, about 45 compared to 69 yesterday.

Have a a safe trip home, Tet! Jlynne, I am hoping that your ex will stay in treatment, let us know how it is going. Leslie, you have had a big weekend so enjoy the weather and good luck on the roads, so that is why my feet hurt, huh?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

,fatozzig, nice long pavement run.

Today, I had another 3 mile and 2 mile walk.  Both were outside in mid 30s temps.  This morning's 3 was done at a 13:51 pace and the 2 miles after supper at a 13:24 pace.

Yesterday, I had a follow up with my eye doctor.  She told me that I could resume my activities in a week.  I specifically asked her if I could run and she said yes.  I should have left it there but indicated that I was happy because I was hoping to be able to do a race April 23rd.  She got a funny look and asked how long the race was.  I told her it was only a 5K.  She sort of cringed and indicated she didn't think I should do it.  That made me ask what distance she had in mind when she said I could run.  She responded a mile.  I didn't tell her that when she cleared me to run after the first eye (20 days after surgery) that I went home and ran 2 miles, did 4 the next day, 5 two days after that, and pretty much made my normal runs 5 miles, 3 to 4 days a week.  I gues the gist of this story is that "a run" is interpreted much differently by a runner and a nonrunner.  Next week, I will do a few mile runs as she said was ok.  However, I may be bad and increase to a few two mile runs if the mile runs seem to have no detrimental effects and perhaps consider a 3 mile run or two.  The race is 25 days after my last surgery.  25 days after the first surgery, I had done a 5 mile training run.  If I feel ok, I might consider going against my doctor's advice and run the 5K.  I'll see how it goes.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS