Masters Running

Cancer update (Read 366 times)

xor

Ix is very new. I don't know much about it, except that it is a mitotic inhibitor, kinda like Taxol. But it is also very different. New drugs are good. Take it easy and good luck. The mitotic inhibitor (oncovin, which was one of the first chemos... and is made from periwinkle!) in my program gave me some throat irritation. Hopefully this won't happen to you; if so, gargle gargle gargle. New drugs are good.

munchkn883

My doctor has this stuff called Magic Mouthwash that is supposed to sooth the sores.
      xor

Yup, and every onc seems to make her/his magic a little differently. It's a whole lot like witch's brew really. Ask them to add some eye of newt: It'll make you kissable! (seriously: the stuff they use WORKS. If you have problems, it'll definitely help even though it'll taste like hell. Especially if they add dog's tail.)

Renee the dog

Munch, If you go bald, even though it is unlikely we'll meet in person, I'll shave my head so you aren't the only bald girl on RA. Promise. Wishing you good results on this next part of your journey!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

#artbydmcbride

{{{Munchkn}}} Best of wishes and hopes for great things from the new treatment. And I am sure that lack of hair (if you get that) will only make you faster. Smile

Runners run

This has been a long, hard journey Munch. We love you and offer our prayers and support as you go through this new treatment. Hang in there!
              Tramps

Munch, wishing you the best with this new treatment. We're all thinking of you.

Be safe. Be kind.

arf

MM #405

Sending you hugs and lots of love, arf

Marathon Maniac #957

Hugs and virtual healing vibes to one of the most determined, positive and inspirational people I know on these boards. I'm hoping the change in treatment will have a good outcome, and hey... it's only hair.
                    Yes, I agree, Erika put into words my thoughts as well. Sending a few extra prayers up for you, Munch.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

((Munch and family)) your positive spirit is so inspirational!! i will keep you and yours in my prayers and hope this new treatment produces amazing results!!

denise

Head Procrastinator

{{{{{{Donna}}}}} You don't need hair to be a beautiful person. You are in my good thoughts always. Barb
                        ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                        dg.

Donna, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Your determination and courage are so inspiring. I hope the best for you with your new treatments. {{{{ }}}}
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

{{{ Munch }}} Prayers and hugs from me, also.
                            SteveP

Bless new treatments. You are in our prayers Munch.

SteveP