Masters Running

Thursday, June 18 Master Runs, Rests and Cross Training (Read 456 times)

SteveP

(((((Leslie's cat)))))

DG, don't make eye contact with the hills.

Sarge, Erica and others that have stood the married test of tim. You're amazing. You set a heck of an example.

SteveP that was a really good run for you! I know you were wanting to start getting more distance in your runs. How does Tag handle the extra miles? He sounds like a lot of fun, and good job on him coming back when called. Weren't you the one who picked wild asparagus for your wife during a race one time because you knew how much she liked it?

There's a friendly little 15K the 2nd weekend in July with a stupid big hill. The first time I ran that race, I came in 134 AG. I laughed my butt off. DW and I had just started seeing each other and I met Adam West a few hours after the race. I was the one in the Batman shirt and the hot damsel. . He had the kewl car though. Chicks dig the car.

Though it's been slow, if the AT can handle more distance, I'll give it a shot. I'm not sure about Tag on anything longer than 6 miles till he's more developed. He's 10 months old and I don't want to screw up his growth.

Part of me hoped that, with needing reading glasses now, I wouldn't notice things along the route. Like flowers and berries and rocks and fungus and  kewl bugs. I still do and it's really a blessing. I've pulled over and have gone back for a rock less than fist size before.  One former poster here stated that I should train like I race. I'm thankful for every award I have and each is cherrished and some of them are earned. I'm gonna stop and smell the roses and pick the asparagus. The sweat all over and present it as a tasty treat to the woman who puts up with my carp.

SteveP

wildchild

Carolyn

Steve, you're a jewel, and your DW is lucky to have you!  And so is Tag - he picked himself a good owner.

Tazzie and Ladybug are happy, tired dogs; I took them for a run after work.  Ladybug lay down in every mud puddle (it's been raining here too).  Twocat, you're right, they have pretty good lives.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.