Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 1.6.14 (Read 41 times)

...agreed//.............GREAT photo of LittleTramps

.........Ribbs///............soak your toothbrush overnite in Listerene........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai

Triple like the picture of Little Tramps.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Henrun

I used to live in the town where Jay lives but I don't recognize that pond-neat photo.

I was planning to ice skate this week but my knee is acting up again. Did close to 1.5 hour run on Heartbreak Hill on Sunday and was going to wait until Tuesday to run again. However, an expected deep freeze and a high 50's temp today led me to do a short run ( in shorts, of course). 1/2 mile from home my knee buckled and I hobbled home. Also, swing dancing on Saturday May have started the process. Went to the Y for yoga this afternoon- feels better but no running for several days (at least).

As I approach the magic age of 80 ( in 3 months) I hope I can keep running and avoid a knee replacement.

Ran-ran-ran today. I wanted to take advantage of the warm weather, so I ran a warm-up with Little Walter, then did a few more miles solo, and squeezed in another 4 miles along the Charles at lunchtime. Make hay when the sun shines???

Jay - love the photo - I saw so many kids out playing along the bikepath - snow forts, snowball fights, sledding.

Tramps - that is just adorable!

Henry - no knee replacement!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Tramps--that is a cool picture.  Your dad looks like he could pick up a truck.

Twocat--your picture ain't quite as cute as Thamps'.  Yeah--you did not look happy...glad you stayed on your feet.

Well--I did a "strength" workout on the treadmill, tonight.  1.5 easy miles then 3 x 2 miles at a 6:40 pace with an 800 recovery between each, then a 1.5 mile easy cool down.  Total 10 miles in 1:12:59.  I wore a blister on the bottom of my right foot.  It hurts.  I'm a baby...

Okay--I guess that's it--we have another good football game going, here.  Boy, there have been some good games from both college and the pros the last week or so.

Mariposai

henrun is approaching 80? No...., I always thought you were like 69....I can't wait to see you at the Ave of the Giants!

LA Tortuga, good for you for run, run, run, running! .I can't wait to see you at the Ave of the Giants!

Tamster, take care of that knee .I can't wait to see you at the Ave of the Giants!

Rasmussenmp, keep running on the TM. .I can't wait to see you at the Ave of the Giants!

Enkie, wing it! I will share my 5th Ave. wing with you if you do. .I can't wait to see you at the Ave of the Giants!

All of you who will be at the Ave of the Giants, .I can't wait to see you at the Ave of the Giants! .

Hey, Ileneforward, we are coming to your state....I can't wait to see you at the Ave of the Giants! Please join us!

The rest of you, I hope to see you some day. My new year wish!

Ok, I am on endorphin overload right now. Tonight we started our Winter Wellness program which is organized by the Omak Fit4Life Coalition I started a decade ago. Great fun at the gym with many people who would like to turn from coach potato to X distance miles.

4 miles for me tonight. Tomorrow is speed work day. Bring it on!!!

Being a runner and giving back is so much fun!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Sounds like quite the crowd at the Avenue of the Giants run this spring! Have fun you guys. I'll be with you in spirit!

Hang in there, Ribs, even the worst crud goes away in a week (or 7 days, depending on what you do for it, right?).

Tselbs, I say that about Alaska just about every year about now.... funny though, I'm still here!

4.5 miles after work tonight. I wanted to get out earlier, but my 3 pm meeting went till 5!   But it was a really good run, albeit slow for some reason. Oh well, call it easy.

About half mile from the end, I stopped when I saw a bunch of police/ambulance/fire truck lights flashing and saw someone had spun around the corner (apparently) and went up over the snow berm and down into the ditch. Rescue crews were working to get the driver out... cut out the back window of the pickup. I stayed for a bit, but started getting chilled so headed down to DH's office to get the car. Things were pretty much cleaned up when I got back. Scary stuff!

Marathon Maniac #957

Love the pictures!

Internet at home was out last night, so I am late to the party.

No run for me on Monday, just 35 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."