Masters Running

Monday, April 27 Runs (Read 411 times)

just a quick note as i head out for a meeting 8miles today in 1:19:11 -- woohoooo!! my longest run since my january surgery --- sooooooooo happy!! again, not fast but felt strong and good -- only walked 2x - a 1minute walk at 5 miles and 1minute at 6.5 miles --- HAPPY HAPPY!!Big grin mary -- those are the most adorable puppies!! holly -- you rock!! henry -- so sorry about the stress fx -- hope it heals quickly ok -- gotta go!! HAPPY MONDAY!!

denise

Henry - {{{{{healing vibes!!!}}}}}

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpEnFwiqdx8&feature=fvst
        Interesting and scary. Now I feel really old. And dimwitted. Ran a warm and recovery-minded 8.25 miles, 9:20's, and finished with a half-mile walk. Amy, that Ellsbury fellow might just make me a baseball fan, and a Red Sox one at that. Walt
        wildchild

Carolyn

Walt, thanks for re-posting that link from Spareribs. I didn't click on it earlier but I just watched it - very interesting. Makes me feel old, too. They didn't even mention slide rules or 8-tracks or vinyl records or anything... Perch, sorry you're doing the M2CP plan. Is Tory doing it with you? FrancesRe, welcome! I haven't had a chance to say hi yet. I don't run in the morning either - nope, not a morning person. So what part of the country do you live in? Any kids or dogs or cats? Marj, take good care of Henry and make sure he stays off that foot! Henry, get better soon! Glad you could finish the marathon - now I guess you get to join Perch in the M2CP. Sad We had six inches of snow last night, and even down in Denver they got four inches! The morning commute was kind of a mess, but it mostly melted during the day. I went for a 3 mile run after work, and the dirt road was a little muddy but not bad. 45° and overcast - IRC! I felt peppy and ran the last mile at 9:28, which is fast for me! Good night, sleep tight! Wink

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

I moved about a ton of rocks yesterday - in anticipation of building a raised vegetable garden bed next to the house. First I have to gain control of the marauding deer which have already decimated my rhododendrons, daylillies and iris. It's war!!! Good runs everybody!
            Bambi's goin' down. (((((Nono's daughter))))) Tag and I went out for a trail run. It's getting close to mushroon season and I kept an eye open for early risers. We saw jack in the pulpits, but no mushrooms. The wild leeks are coming out. There's little better than going into the woods and taking a leek.

SteveP