Masters Running

Fri July 17 Runs and Workouts (Read 334 times)

SueT48 thanks. Maybe this is the final stretch.  You want summer to go!?  Are you crazy!  Did you forget what winter is like already?  Boy and I thought my short term memory was shot! 

fatozzig that is so sad.  He sounds like he was one of the good guys.  I am sure he will be missed.

All I can say is if you are dyslexic find a career that does not involve programming!    I spent all day trying to figure out why my code produced bizarre numbers.  Well, it works a lot better when you have minus signs in front of things you want to subtract!  Ugh!!!!!  Ok, glad to get that off my chest.  Now to make dinner. 

[Editor:  Dinner?  You lazy . . . Mariposai has been waiting for those pictures from Crete for how long now?!  (Ok, she has Crete and Athens mixed up, but the are both in Greece).  Twocat:  Well I have to make a living seeing as how you haven't paid me!    Editor:  Gotta get me a new writer . . .]

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Holly and Amy... you guys are a riot. Neither one asked what I did with my car! Drove down the hill to DH's office and left it with him. Since he'd given his truck to the boys earlier for errands, this worked out perfectly! BTW, I don't juggle...

Leslie, that is very sad. Two years ago this week is when we lost my son's soccer coach. We saw her that evening on the deck of a local restaurant/bar and she seemed full of life and excitement for a rafting trip they'd be doing the next day. It was the Friday evening reception for my high school reunion, and we were walking back to the patio area where our party was when we saw her. I'll never forget it. Then the call the next morning from a neighbor of hers who is also a friend of mine, bringing the bad news. Just devastating for the boys on the team and so many others as she was really one of those "larger than life" people. We miss her dearly still. I was just thinking about it because tonight is DH's 30th reunion, same event (the Friday cocktail party thing), same location. It's still hard to go out on that deck...

Aamos, DH got your card, thought it very funny, and said don't you dare change a thing!

4 mile recovery run at lunch. Absolutely beautiful day, even with the hint of smoke still lingering to the southwest. Can't really smell it so I don't care, sure better than earlier this week!! One of those days where it's hard to come back to the office...

SteveP

A lot of what Lou said I don't understand.

Ice cream heals all wounds DG. I'm doing weller. I've gone into work for part of the day. Get the stuff done that's gotta get done. I'm putting a new trailer hitch on the truck and I can keep my feet up doing that. I'm a nut short and have to finish tomorrow......(Note to self: Count your parts before you start next time).The darn steroids..I've got gas and have to stay in nuetral.

Deb, Tag wants you to know he can do a jumping high five now.

Yeehaw TwoCat..stepping back into a routine! Sweet.

(((((Aamos)))))...How 'bout them Tigers?

I was out of work by 11:00 AM. Used maple wood and smoked a ham. The kids got me a propane smoker for Father's Day. After a few tests, we did the grand opening today. OMG. Them kids is greta. Our grandson, DS#1and SIL came over. A RA friend gave GS pinwheels. He blows on them and then laughs.  GS had on a Batman shirt and a cape. Saturday will be a running day

SteveP

wildchild

Carolyn

SteveP, shouldn't your grandson be wearing a Robin shirt and cape?  Or is he trying to displace you already?

Look out, Twocat's evil editor is baaaack!

Long day for us - DH and I drove up to Colo State University (2 hr drive) to pick up DD from music camp.  We went to her choir concert at 10:30, then had to wait around till 1:15 for the honor band concert - but worth the wait!  You''d never know this was a bunch of high school kids who have only been practicing this music since Monday. They were awesome! Then on the way home we stopped to see the new Harry Potter movie - very good, but they changed some stuff from the book.  By then it was 7 pm, so we got take out Thai food in Boulder, and got home after 8.

No time for a run, but I'm planning a long run tomorrow.  'Night!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.