Masters Running

Inspiring Quotes, Poems . . . (Read 297 times)

This poem has led me out of some dark corners many times . . . FULLY ALIVE I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom, and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit. (Dawna Markova)

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

btb1490

That was very nice, Leslie, thank you, and your last race and race report gave a glimpse that you are living true to these words. No more dark corners from here on for you, deal?
      SteveP

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.”Benjamin Franklin

SteveP

I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom, and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit. (Dawna Markova)
          That's some good stuff right there. Thanks for posting it.
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

jfa

Excellent Smile

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - Martin Luther King, Jr. And btb - Deal. No more dark corners. Running has been a salvation. And as the keychain that I got from One More Mile says: "Running is cheaper than therapy." Smile

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Don't Try to See Through Distances Keep walking, though there's no place to get to. Don't try to see through the distances. That's not for human beings. Move within, but don't move the way fear makes you move. -Rumi [I substitute "running" for walking.]
                Masters 2000 miles
                  "I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted, and behold, service was joy." --Rabindranath Tagore
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                    Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is bliss, taste it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a promise, fulfill it. Life is sorrow, overcome it. Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it. Life is a tragedy, confront it. Life is an adventure, dare it. Life is luck, make it. Life is too precious, do not destroy it. Life is life, fight for it. (Mother Teresa)

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                        Cindy - I like that one. I'm gonna print it and put on my "quotes" wall in my workout room.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. (Mark Twain)

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance