Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 9.21.17 (Read 32 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Definitely not! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

TammyinGP

1st XC country meet of the year set for this afternoon. will be leaving work in about 1/2 hr. We have a very small team. maybe even the smallest one in our conference. 3 girls, 10 boys. So not even enough girls to compete for points, so they just have to run for their individual satisfaction. We have a couple fast boys though (and then a few that will be walking by 1/2 mile), so it'll be fun for the fast guys to see where they stack up against other runners and if they are really as good as THEY think they are!  

Tammy

''ps tom - who's letters?''

dunno,

the ink ran

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

We had a really fun day at practice doing the "rainbow run".  We place 12 different colored crayons under cones and spread them around our school grounds.  Then we pair up the kids, we give them one color to look for at a time with a piece of paper, and, when they find it, they mark the sheet of paper, and run back to get another color to find.  Both team members must be back at the start before they get their next color.  Anyway--it was fun--and since we were short one kid--I got to participate.  My teammate and I won the 9th grade division.  So--with warm up, rainbow run, and cool down, I ended up with 8.1 miles.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

so they let you hang out with the big kids, Mike? 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

I hope your team does well, Tammy! It's great that the girls still want to run when there's only 3 of them.

Holly, my team moved over to FB, too, but they keep the thread here on RA to post updates. I do find it interesting how an RA based game has so many team members who don't want to post on RA, even though that's where they have to upload their runs. Oh well.

Fun game, Mike! They should've given you a handicap though. Big grin

5.4 miles with a couple of zippy bits thrown in there. Last two full miles were 8:04 and 8:05, although I had to stop at the intersection on that last one. Had to beat the rain, right? It was sprinkling just every now and then but started a little more when I was just getting back to my building.

Kinda cool (well, to me), here's the relive of my run home from work last night. I got picked up 1.4 miles from home, so it's not the full "run home," but it sure shows how hilly it is (and the part that's "missing" is also all uphill).

spacityrunner

2.3 around the workplace in hot humid dark.  Used a new blinky thing that wraps around my wrist.  I was good.  Don't worry, I also had a headlamp on   Now its ice cream time.

I like the running game here and we mostly communicate on FB, the few that do.  We tried it on RA..  No one checked in.  so FB it was!  If Eric hosts it again in 2018 I will sign up.

Trails Rock!

TammyinGP

the team did great today! Our two girls (did I say three before? we only have 2 girls) both were top 10 finishers (#6 and #10) and our 11 boys all did great. Our fastest runner was 4th overall and ran 11:37 (for a 3k distance). He's such a great kid, so focused and disciplined in his running. and he's a homeless teenager on top of it so certainly has some strikes against him in life. (he lives in a group home for homeless male youth though). Our boys were spread out - some were front runners, some strong mid pack runners and one super fun loving and always happy guy who has never ran before and was dead last but just as happy as can be because he took fewer walk breaks than he thought he would have to 

I also have enjoyed the 2017 in 2017 game and am glad I got added onto a team when some runners dropped at the beginning. Were it not for this game I would not have gone TM running during our bad smoke days and would not do some of the longer runs I've been doing when I don't really have a goal race coming up that is keeping me focused. I will definitely sign up again next year.

Tammy