Masters Running

The Sunday Thread - Mate! 10/15 (Read 38 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

48-mile ride with TriBee today.  Her first ride since her accident (she's wearing a small removable cast) so we took it nice and easy.

You went 48 miles!  How is that nice or easy?!

I went 8.1 miles, today.  Now, I'm at the movies with Eric.  We're going to see American Assassin.  I have been waiting for 4 years to watch this movie.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

pfriese

16 miles on th trails and around the lake.

Paul

spacityrunner

3.6 late afternoon miles around the neighborhood.  A bit of a cool down blew through this morning but it still felt hot out there.  

Nice racing down under Twokitty.

Trails Rock!

I want to thank everyone for their good wishes on my race these past few weeks. Having the RA master's community support is very nice. I also want to thank StarrRuns, mariposai and Mike E for their posts while tracking my race. I am very touched that you would take the time to do that.

It is actually Monday here in Melbourne where I am posting from the airport. DW and I are heading to Adelaide for a few days prior to going home. I am still pretty sore from the race so a few days before heading into an airplane seat for the 30 hour door-to-door trip home will be nice.

I hope everyone has (had?) a great weekend.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

The winner, Lange, was just incredible. So was Danielle Ryfe, of course, for her 2-peat.

It was well worth joining the fitness club just to watch Lange become another German victor beating out a 2-peater expected to win again. Even though the latter cramped up in the run and had the broadcasters predicting his imminent retire from the race, his respect for the race kept him plodding on to finish over an hour slower than usual.  Same respect amongst the pros happened in my day even though they have nothing to run for anymore.  However, better check with your DS and DD about how many times in a row Danielle Ryfe has not won the IMH.

So Tet has joined a fitness center. Someone please check to make sure the world hasn't stopped spinning? Don't they make you wear shoes in there??

not seeing any rules around, I asked if there were any requirements to wear running shoes and was told that only open-toed shoes were prohibited and, of course, barefoot was too open-toed for them.  I hope my retired IM mentor is moved into their new place by next year's race.  Otherwise, I vow to renew my 24-hour fitness membership.

\.

ps roch - running a marathon in the lousiest weather possible is better than nice weather doing anything else.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Made it to FL without too much pain. Got to the hotel just in time to throw on my shoes and head out for 4 miles before it got too dark.  Nice evening run along the bayside.  Very pretty, though very muggy.  I'm hoping to run the same path tomorrow in the light, but go a little farther this time.  Need to unpack and prep for work now.  Good evening everyone.

No run today, closed up the camper for the season. Went to the Maine Diner on our way home for the first time ever and was not disappointed - the lobster roll was amazing and packed with lobster!!

Congrats TwoCat -- so happy for you and so thankful you are well on the road to recovery!!

Congrats to Erika as well -  you amaze me lady!!

denise

TammyinGP

congrats Erika on your marathon. Somehow I missed that you were running another so soon after Steamtown until it was mentioned in the FB group for the running game. 

and huge congrats to TwoCat also!  You are so inspiring - in so many ways. 

nice warm up today (as opposed to Liz's cooldown) to about mid 70's so took advantage of a beautiful fall day and went for 7.5 miles. B&B each got to do about 3 miles a piece with me also so that made them happy. 

back to work tomorrow after what has felt like a very long week's vacation.  but I have a very busy week at work also with two CLE's I'm organizing for Tues and Wed. Not even sure I want to see what all showed up in my inboxes from my two offices. 

Tammy

I meant 3 peat for Ryfe.  I mis-typed that.  She apparently was struggling in the race, but she sure looked smooth on the TVcoverage.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

evanflein

Go Erika! You are an inspiration. How many marathons is this now?

Well thanks! And this is marathon #43 (plus 3 ultras, for a total of 46 "long races") and state #20 for me. Doug, I had to leave the house we were staying at before they had final results, and we left the race before they got the awards announced. I knew I didn't win my AG, and they only award prizes to first so no need to stick around. Final time was 3:56:31, which, interestingly (at least to me) is just 7 seconds off last weekend's Steamtown time! Last week's downfall for me was the humidity, and this week it was the wind. Oh boy was there wind! It came off the lake so hard it just about knocked me over! The return trip was really hard, with some gusts hitting so hard it was like running into a wall. A couple times I turned around and walked backwards... really. So very glad there was no rain, and that I finished before the sun came out in full force! I am so glad to be done with that one, and to be heading home knowing I've got no more marathons scheduled.

Relive of today's race: https://www.relive.cc/view/g14900713219

We are in Newark now, at the Wyndham at the airport. We put 1,746 miles on the rental car with 38.47 hours of driving time. DH did all that driving, and he did it like a champ. We leave tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. and get home at about 4:30 p.m. (8:30 p.m. EDT), so it'll be a full day of travel but nice to get home relatively early.