Masters Running

Posie Clan Light Marathon RR (Read 45 times)

Mariposai

Short Version"

Third fastest marathon of 30. My third tunnel marathon.

Long Version:

When the Posie boys asked me how I wanted to celebrate my 50th birthday I told them that I wanted to run a marathon as a family.

I told them that all I wanted  for a gift was Light of the End of the Tunnel marathon medals. So each one of us started training on our own ways, the rest of our training story you all know.

I really did not know what to expect from this race as far as time is concern. I ran many marathons this spring, I log in many long slow miles with the Easy Pacer and I did not do any speed work since I was forever in marathon taper or recovery mode. Ohh, and there was the monster hiking weekend we had the week before the marathon, so my legs were trashed. I was hoping for a 4:15, but I would have been happy with a 4:30 or 5 hours Smile.

The night before the marathon we were all pampered by twocat who cooked for us our pre-race meal. The food was exquisite, that man sure knows how to cook.

Marathon morning came and the Posie boys were ready to deliver their gift

It sure was so much fun meeting my RA friends at the starting line.

I gathered many, many priceless memories running this marathon. I ran thru the tunnel and for 6 miles with my birthday sister, aka wildchild

Twocat, who my the way came all the way to the Wild West to surprise me for my birthday ran with me for 18 fun filled miles to the finish line and presented me my medal.

At the finish line I was pampered by the Race Director's wife. This is a picture of me minutes after I finished the marathon in 4:07 minutes. Yeap...I gave everything I had in the tank.

Then I was presented with my gift from Tetsujin, a cake, birthday card, butterfly goodies, etc. Thank you Taper boy! We all enjoyed the cake!

After every one showed up at the finish line it was party time!!!

Ohhh! and one last picture of the Posie Clan with our medals and number of marathons done.

The Easy Pacer: first marathon (he ran this marathon wayyyy faster than I had expected). Finish time: 5:45 minutes.

PosieMama: 30th marathon

PosieSon Daniel, 3rd marathon in 3 months (please welcome the new Marathon Maniac in the family).

PosieSon David: 5th marathon.

Dreams do come true!! 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TriBee2010

Great RR and pics. What a perfect way to celebrate number 50!

Bushrat Runner

Awesome!!!!

Way to go Posie!

Walk-Jogger

What a great race report and pics -  I can't imagine a better way to spend a major birthday milestone than with family and doing something together that you really enjoy! So glad I got to meet you all at the race. Sorry for not hanging around for the after-party at the race, but 

I was completely toasted from the race and in need of a shower and a nap, and then we took my daughter and son-in-law plus two grandsons out for lunch.

Retired &  Loving It

What a great present.  Thanks for the terrific report.  Memories to last a lifetime ...

Dave59

Wow, 30th marathon?!  I didn't realize you've done that many.  Congratulations.  Was Easy Pacer very sore the next day or two?

It's great how you do things together as a family and create the memorable moments along the way.

(I don't think I'll ever run another marathon, but I could be tempted to try if someone had a cake at the finish.)

TammyinGP

WOW!!! Great marathon time!! I'm so glad you celebrated your birthday surrounded by family and great friends and doing what you enjoy doing! Congratulations!

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

You really do have a cool family, Posie.  I am so glad I got to meet you all.

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Awesome runs by the Posie clan and get together.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Tramps

Wow, 30th marathon?!  I didn't realize you've done that many.

+1

Wow, what a great day, a great race, a great gift, and great photos to remember it by. I especially love your expression in the photo of you and the RD; that's a picture of a marathoner!

Congratulations.

Be safe. Be kind.

mrrun

great reports - running with family is always wonderful!

marj

wildchild

Carolyn

You really do have a cool family, Posie.  I am so glad I got to meet you all.

+1!  And especially glad to run with my  birthday sister on our birthday!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

...What a Wonderful RR mari//...........and LOVE the pictures.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

I have been so busy, I wanted to wait until I could read this uninterrupted, and it was worth the wait.  What an awesome report!  Aside from all the other wonderful things about this marathon, I am so impressed that you had such a fabulous finishing time, even on top of that monumental hiking trip the week before!  But this one will definitely be memorable for the sharing with family and friends (and a special congrats to Easy Pacer on his first!).  Great racing!!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."