Masters Running

Donna - Always helping others (Read 177 times)

TomD

Donna's daughter, Suzzette, told me how whenever she called us, Suzzette is from OR and called us a few times a week, that we were always doing something together and were having fun. At the time she thought "Enough already", but now she sees how much we enjoyed each other. We were often the couple that others thought were much younger. I believe it had to do with our actions. We would be holding hands and felt like kids ourselves. Donna and I could not be upset with the other for very long. Donna would just stop and interact with strangers, that she would never see again, if they looked like they needed to talk. She was more observant than me. She had that knack of meeting a complete stranger and not only make them feel better about themselves, but also important to themself and that things just were not as bad as they were a little before. Her patients would freely tell their presonal problems to her and she would try to help them. She was that special person who just loved people and animals. She help them and put a smile on their face or wag in there tail. The pass couple of weeks I have heard from many of her friends and most of them I had never met before. They all had at least one story to tell me about she had helped them. Some through her actions saved a dog or cat that later became their best friend for life. We have a mentally challenged brother, Dick, and sister, Sheri, as our neighbors. Donna and I helped whenever they need our help. We make a point of never turning them down. At Donna memorial service Sheri introduced herself to my sister-in-law as Donna's best friend. What an impact Donna must have had on her. I hope Dick feels the same about me. Dick and Sheri come to our several times the pass few months to help cheer Donna up. The four of us would visit for a couple of hours. They love to look through our kitchen window and watch our cats play. Of our babies will come right up to the window and greet them at the window. They love our big one eyed Orange cat. Donna called him her big huggy bear. He would follow her all around the house. Sometimes I feel like closure is near then other times I find it very hard to accept that God has taken my Donna as one of his Angels. It is difficult to rationalize that he needed her more than the kids and me. I would love to hear her tell me "Thomas, I love you munches and munches and munches." "Donna, I love you my Little Golden Angel." TomD
    nowor

So many people must be missing Donna, especially Sheri and Dick. What a beautiful story about the four of you.

Marathon Maniac #957

Thank you for continueing to share with us about Donna, Tom.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."