Masters Running

Eastwood 1-miler - a short family RR (Read 410 times)

dg.

This just makes me smile and smile.   Big grinBig grin

So neat, like Vista said.

I agree with Erika agreeing with Tammy.    Your new name, but maybe we can shorten it a little? 

Congratulations Holly.   You were mahvelous, and so were the kids.   So glad it worked out so well. 

No race is too short for a RR, especially one involving hardware and great pics.  Congratulations, FastHolly.

Marathon Maniac #3309

First Holly, what a beautiful event to share with your Kiddos, and it sure seems like they enjoyed it (and that little cutie DD of your's has the same determined look that you do when you race . In this age of computer games and technology with youngsters, it's super nice to see your's running a real race......and it sure seems they didn't mind one bit.

Secondly,  I never want to hear about how slow you think you are sometimes  ..................6:42 is smokin' fast Girl

Thanks for sharing................this was a cool RR and pictures.

TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

guess Sandbagolina (to paraphrase Tet) is still a ittle long.  Sure do wish I felt as slow as you, Holly.  Actually, some days, I wish I could be as slow as DD.

Hope you all enjoyed your ice cream--you earned it big time.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

huskydon

Congratulations to the whole family!  Those are great times in that kind of heat.  And ice cream afterwards, a perfect finish to top off a wonderful race!

guess Sandbagolina (to paraphrase Tet) is still a ittle long.  Sure do wish I felt as slow as you, Holly. 

How about we go with SBess  (Sandbagger Princess) ?  6:42!  Shoot, make that Queen SB! 

Loved, loved. loved this report!  And the photos are extra special--hope the ice cream was too!

Best regards to DS and DD--bet they have a whole new appreciation of what you do when you run 13 or 26 or more miles---did they mention that?

big grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
                HOLLY! Great running my friend and I am not surprised----but very happy for you. Awesome that you did this with the kids and smoked a sweet mile. Isn't it fun? The minutes fly by and I know for me, I feel as if I've just settled into some sort of form and then there's the finish line. It's great to mix up the paces and try new things.

Can't wait for our next run together in Dayton and I hope you'll get a chance to do more of these races at all different distances as time permits. You set a powerful example for your family. Keep at it!

Fantastic!