Masters Running

Glen Lake Turkey Trot 5K (Read 357 times)

SteveP

Tag and I ran this race last year and he DNF'd. I carried him a good part of the way. Since he was nine weeks old at the time, I told him not to worry about it.

He's bigger now and has a few more miles under his collar. He's been bugging me for a "Do Over" so I gave him an advance on his allowance and entered him in this year's race.

He saw his race buddy Guinniess, his mom and dad (Kris and Greg). Rodney is the one in the green shorts.

As we lined up, Tag got more and more worked up.

The people with the dogs had to start way in back.

The starting pistol had several miss fires.

Finally we were off!!

Tag and I made it to the middle of the pack.

He was smoking Guiness.

The first loop, Tag was 100% focused on passing every one.

One the 2nd loop, he started pulling towards the tall grass. I'm not showing a picutre of what he left in it. We had a talk about that and he thinks I'm nuts for waiting in line at a porta john.

It gave Guiness time to catch up and pass us.

But he finished strong (62/88 OA). We stopped for lunch in Glen Arbor. Some people wanted their picture taken with our dog. On the way home, we stopped again for ice cream.

After a busy day, Tag went to bed early.

SteveP

Steve, you and Tag had a great race.  I loved the pictures.

TomS

Great fun Steve and Tag!
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          What a team! Nice race to both of you.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

All's forgiven - Tag had a great day and he deserved that re-match!!  Wink    Great report - not to much reading involved.   LOL!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

What a fun read!  I'll bet it was even more fun to actually have been there and run it with Tag.

Who needs a Port-A-John anyway?

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Hooray for Mulligans!

Steve, this was very fun to read.  Thanks for the update on Tag, what a pretty dog!

Congratulations on a great run.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

TammyinGP

Looks like Tag was taking YOU for a run today - and perhaps at a faster clip then you may have liked?

you absolutely crack me up Steve - your wife is one lucky woman to be kept in stitches every day.

Love the pics and especially Tag's sleeping buddy   I'm surprised you share that with him . . .or do you sneak it out from under his paws when it's time for you to go to bed?

Tammy

SteveP

Looks like Tag was taking YOU for a run today - and perhaps at a faster clip then you may have liked?

you absolutely crack me up Steve - your wife is one lucky woman to be kept in stitches every day.

Love the pics and especially Tag's sleeping buddy   I'm surprised you share that with him . . .or do you sneak it out from under his paws when it's time for you to go to bed?

Well....Tag did help me up the first hill at a better than expected pace.

My poor DW threatens my life every day....I'm the one worried about being "kept in stitches"

The dog did wake up after I took his little Batman away. He was very sad

Also, he's not a such a great dog. His ice cream had a dog biscut on top. That same biscut was later found sitting on his seat in the truck.

SteveP

dg.

The dog did wake up after I took his little Batman away. He was very sad

Also, he's not a such a great dog. His ice cream had a dog biscut on top. That same biscut was later found sitting on his seat in the truck.

Steve.   My little buddy left that biscuit there just for you! 

thanks for your RR & all the pictures!    I think it's great you two race together.  WTG both of you.  Smile 

Tag looks like a very athletic dog. Are any  dog universities looking at him yet?

Fun RR

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

wildchild

Carolyn

Steve,  I see you and Tag are doing your part to keeping the local races crime-free. Well done, dynamic duo!

Tag sure knew what he was doing when he adopted you.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

LOL, my dog does the same thing...he'll take the bisquit politely, then wander off and quietly leave it somewhere.  I think he's afraid that if he doesn't cheerfully take the bisguits (which he doesn't really like much), that I'll stop giving him other treats as well.

Great race, story, and pics!  You know, you could put this together with pics and commentary into a wonderful children's book.  Maybe something for Noah?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

LOL, my dog does the same thing...he'll take the bisquit politely, then wander off and quietly leave it somewhere.  I think he's afraid that if he doesn't cheerfully take the bisguits (which he doesn't really like much), that I'll stop giving him other treats as well.

Great race, story, and pics!  You know, you could put this together with pics and commentary into a wonderful children's book.  Maybe something for Noah?

Holly, good idea!!  

and Carolyn, I think you're right.  :-)

SteveP - what a wonderful race report!  I love it.  Tag is a real cutie, and quite the runner - you're pretty good too!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous