Masters Running

Thursday Goal Thread (Read 379 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey folks - anyone still trying for goals?

I'm down 1/2 lb this week, so that makes me happy.  Still up 1 lb from before vacation, though, and probably 5 lbs more than I'd really like to be at my 10/18 marathon. 

Such is life....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Well, I'm trying to not think about it. Everything is in full taper mode here except my appetite. Up 3 lbs just this week. Oh well... I know it's temporary and I need if for the race... right?? But I sure don't want to have to haul any more weight up that hill than I absolutely must.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Boy oh boy, am I confused??? I am up 8 freaking pounds and I don't get it with as much cycling and running I have done, and I am NOT eating too much I know......I have two scales, so I know this is right. But here is the kicker....a lot of my cycling and Tri friends latley have commented on me looking much leaner, and ask how much weight I have lost. And my pants / shorts are literally falling off of me as I have to pull them up all the time....strange! But weight gain "really" freaks me out because of the over 100 pounds that I lost years ago. Oh well, as long as my cloths fit the same or looser, it must not mean much, HUH?....but still baffles me. The only thing I am doing different is a whole bunch of ab and upper body work everyday, that I have not really done before ----TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Prince of Fatness

I haven't weighed myself in three weeks.  Life got in the way and I have been eating and drinking like there was no tomorrow.  I will weigh myself tomorrow.  It won't be pretty.

Not at it at all. 

No worries, Holly. Those 5 pounds will melt off during the AF marathon. You worry too much.

Nice to see Tim posting here. Hey - muscle weighs more than fat. You're probably as lean as you've ever been. And like you said, if your clothes fit the same, it's all good.

MrPHin, I like someone who "eats and drinks like there's no tomorrow." What's that old saying? "Life is short - eat dessert first."

Got on the scale this morning and was very surprised to see 119.5. I can't remember the last time I was under 120. But, I know this is just a temporary number due to not feeling well and not having much of an appetite for a couple of weeks. I'll enjoy it while it lasts, anyway.

Good luck to all my fellow calorie counters.

SteveP

.I may drop from the weight loss thread though. When I'm sitting, I can set a plate and glass on the "shelf" my stomach makes. If I gain a few more pounds, there may also be room for a salad plate and silverware.

SteveP

Prince of Fatness

I haven't weighed myself in three weeks.  Life got in the way and I have been eating and drinking like there was no tomorrow.  I will weigh myself tomorrow.  It won't be pretty.

OK it was 171.  That's up 3.5 pounds from three weeks ago.  I am actually pleased with this, because I feel like I gained 10.  The short term goal will be to get rid of the 3.5 pounds by the end of the month.

Timbo, I agree with JLynne.  Muscle weighs more than fat, and if your clothes fit and you feel good I wouldn't worry about it.  Just keep the focus on being healthy, which you are.

Not at it at all. 

Renee the dog

Got on the scale this morning and was very surprised to see 119.5. I can't remember the last time I was under 120. But, I know this is just a temporary number due to not feeling well and not having much of an appetite for a couple of weeks.

Whoo hooooo!

At least your body knows now that the number still exists!  Tough way to get there though...

I have no idea as I didn't weigh in before I started eating yesterday....but I was still in the right range. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

.I may drop from the weight loss thread though. When I'm sitting, I can set a plate and glass on the "shelf" my stomach makes. If I gain a few more pounds, there may also be room for a salad plate and silverware.

No Steve - you can't drop out! Do you think you're the only one with a little "extra skin" around the stomach area? Why don't I add my rolls to your place setting and then we'd have room for the dessert plate and wine glass?!

No Steve - you can't drop out! Do you think you're the only one with a little "extra skin" around the stomach area? Why don't I add my rolls to your place setting and then we'd have room for the dessert plate and wine glass?!

I'll add mine and we can have appetizers, as well.

Tim - Muscle weighs more than fat.  You're doing good.  Don't freak yourself out. . . . now get out there and give me some crunches!  BTW - How's the leg??

I weighed yesterday after I was dressed, but I figure the clothes were only worth about a pound, two at the most, so I'm saying I'm still at 144. Shoot (she says as she slinks away to devour the cinnamon stick made w/lots of butter and sugar and cinnamon.  Oh my . . . .)

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Good job on holding it to under 4 lbs, MrPhinNJ. You've been through a ringer so it's all understandable, and temporary. You'll get back there soon. Sorry about your dad.

Steve, you so light the place up. I bet MrsP doesn't go a day without laughing.

Leslie, me too. I'm taking that "don't starve yourself" before a marathon to heart. Ha! No chance of that. I take that carbo loading concept to new levels, though. However, it's one thing to say yeah, I'm storing up energy for the race, but I'm also adding to the load I have to lug up that 2,400 foot hill tomorrow!

You're gonna do great, Erika.  Just don't be afraid to power walk those uphills.  Even if someone is passing you slowly, you're conserving energy and will more than make up the real estate on the flats and downs.  If you do decide to run some of the uphills, remember baby steps!  Your cadence may be a bit faster, but, again, you're conserving energy when not taking big steps.

And after my 20 miles at Headwaters a couple of weekends ago, my Garmin said I burned 2260 calories, so just imagine the calories you'll burn tomorro.  Su-Weet!

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tramps

Thanks for taking this over, Holly.  I wasn't around on Thursday.

I'm declaring my weight watching officially over since I'm well into my comfort range now and should be able to maintain this will a little common sense.  It's been fun--and motivating--to share.

Start = 160

W#1 = 158.9

W#2 = 157.8

W#3 = 157

W#4=  156.4

W#5=  156

W#6= 155.4

W#7= 155

W#8 = 154.8

W#9 = 154.1

Goal <155

Ideal = 150