Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 10.4.17 (Read 39 times)

Tramps

That's one of the great things about this place--at 59, I still feel like one of the youngins' in here.  Thanks, roch, for being so old.

(Nice run, too.)

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

Hi All!

Just a quickie run for me tonight. 2.4 miles.

Tammy

evanflein

6.3 miles down the hill and back while the first of several loads of laundry got going. Was going to run this afternoon but just got busy (pre-trip crazy busy stuff) and then it rained. So, came home and did my down and up trip. Ready to go, I guess. Forecast is for upper 50's or 60 at the start, and 75 by noon. As the RD said in his e-mail today, if you want to beat the heat, run fast!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Mike - I'd say you have another 8-10 years to go,

maybe 12, before you can blame anything

on getting older.  Good luck!

;ps - I'm in-between but roch doesn't seem to know

what "old" is yet. , . . . neither does henrun.

Thanks, roch, for being so old.

Holly - it's good to be skeptical but don't let it stop you

from doing everything you can so you can avoid

having any regrets that you didn’t.  Good luck.
          Sorry about the RW forum.  What happened?
          However, kind of like having Spareribs back again.
          How long had you guys been posting over there.
          Seven miles - celebrated another week of good weather (after last week’s forecast of rain through the weekend fizzled after only 15 minutes on Friday) with a seven miler in the sun again today.  However, cooler temps to the low fifties are turning everything yellow and red.  Very nice for out here in the PNW this time of the year (or any time of the year). First time to see a whitish full moon since June when it became a golden orange, . . . when we could see it, . . . from smoke and haze from adjacent states’-and-province’s forest fires.
          I won’t remember today’s October 4 for that long but a similarly gorgeous October 4, 1957 is one of the time/date/place memories permanently etched into my lifelong brain cells as the World Series broadcast was interrupted with news about some sort of Soviet Sputnik or something orbiting without any power around the earth like a miniature star that could be seen at night.   Oddly enough, though we could see it crossing the sky almost any clear night as winter approached, satellite sightings nowadays seem few-and-far-between.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Sorry I have been super busy. I am posting this from my cell while struggling with insomnia. Translation, no shout outs, although I did read the daily.  Ran 10 today. New sneakers. What a difference! I cannot believe how worn out I let my old ones get before replacing them.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks, roch, for being so old.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."