Masters Running

Tootsday, 5.31.16 (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I'm not even going to try to ketchup for the days that I've missed, so I'll just tell my story and move on. But I do have to say that I missed you all.

Our business trip to San Antonio was hard work, but we think we did a lot of good business there, so it was beneficial. The weather most days was hot and very, very muggy. There was only one night when it was comfortable enough that we could eat dinner out on the restaurant's patio. We ate at the Iron Cactus twice, and had good meals both times. We had rented a small house for the 3 of us, and it was great to be able to make our own breakfasts each day, and to have a comfortable place to return to each evening. Because of the heat/humidity, we used Uber a lot to get around town, and it was great. Saturday night, there was a massive thunder storm that started at about 10:00pm and went until close to dawn. Some thunder boomers shook the entire house. The folks next door must have been having a party on their back (covered) porch, 'cause I could hear them talking from about 2:30am until I got up at 5. An eventful night... We had a half day at the conference on Sunday, then packed everything up, got it ready for shipping back to the office, and then headed to the airport for our flights home. We finally walked in our door at about 3am on Monday. I slept till 8:30, and then had a day of ketching up at home.

6.6 RW miles at J o'clock this morning in 67F temps and very muggy air. I didn't mind the temps, but the mugginess was a challenge, so I just slogged through it the best I could.

Have a greta Tootsday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Sayhey! MM#130

In light of your disappearance, Jay, we will be needing some kind of proof that you is you, and not a poser.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Dave59

I ran 2 before driving to the office this morning. So I'll be 1.34 short of prime this month. I could have run extra this morning but that would have meant leaving 13 minutes later and hitting more traffic.

Welcome back Jay or whoever you are.

Marathon Maniac #957

In light of your disappearance, Jay, we will be needing some kind of proof that you is you, and not a poser.

Yes, you will have to answer three security questions before you will be allowed to participate.....

Yesterday was very busy with the wedding.  We went early  (armed with crock-pots and assorted necessities) and helped set up the wedding.  It was a lovely ceremony and we had quite a spread of food afterward and a live band.  I was in charge of the food organizing (although there were many who helped and brought food), so I made sure everything was dished up and remained filled as the people feasted.  DH took his dad and SM home after a while, but DS and my niece stayed with me until the end and helped clean up and break it all down.  A good day, if a bit exhausting.

6 miles for me today in 63 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

jlynne, good job with 2nd in AG in your race.  X Trackster, nice 10K.  steve, great pictures of you, evan, Peter, grandkids, and Tag.  Jay, glad to know you made it safely back from San Antonio.  Holly, I'm glad to hear you had a good time at the wedding.  Nice long run, enke.

Yesterday, we went to our daughter's.  My son in law and I made several trips to Menard's to pick up the lumber to make 4 - 4' X 8' raised beds and 112 bags of dirt to fill them.  My wife and daughter cleaned up the flower gardens and planted a bunch of "stuff" in them around the house.  My son in law and I built the raised beds and did most of the filling them with dirt.  When my wife and daughter finished around the house, they planted veggies in the raised beds as the beds got completed and filled.  My poor little pickup and the 4 of us got a workout.  We could have used Holly.  She would have run a marathon first thing in the morning, done all the work in a couple hours, and organized a big party in the evening.

This morning, it was in the mid 50s and almost calm.  I did 5 miles at an 11:32 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

My poor little pickup and the 4 of us got a workout.  We could have used Holly.  She would have run a marathon first thing in the morning, done all the work in a couple hours, and organized a big party in the evening.

- we could all use a Holly!

No run for me yet since the piano tuner is coming at 4pm today. I only need 6.98 to get to the nearest prime number, but am pretty stiff from yoga and planting flowers yesterday.  I didn't do as much as you tselbs, but I do hurt.

Glad to have you back, Jay.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Sayhey! MM#130

Holly's right, so here goes......

...........except, glad that Holly's here, after her yesterday!!!

OK, Jay:

1. What is the motto of the Seacoast half marathon?  Easy peasy, so 1A is: name the beneficiary from 2010.

2. What was the significance of Santee, CA this past February?

3. Does the following make sense to you, and if so, please explain, using complete sentences.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Aamos  Let's see if Mr. Jay has all of the correct answers!

Whew Holly - that was quite the day! I hope after all of the work you did, if there were any leftovers they let you take them home!

Tselbs - I want raised beds for a vegetable garden!  So nice of you to help your kids.  DH is not handy - he's the first to admit it. His famous line is "I have two things in my toolbox, a phone book and a checkbook." Well, there ain't much in the checkbook any more! I was forced to plant veggies among my perennials alongside the house. Maybe next year...

All you folks trying to get prime numbers for the month of May. Carolyn has trained you well!

Ran almost 6 this morning but felt no need to hit a certain number, just the need to be done. One more full day for the kids at my school. And wow - are they full of pee and vinegar! The teachers are having a very hard time reigning them in and the cafeteria is so loud you can't hear yourself think.  Good luck to their parents this summer

I would no more believe it is the late coastwalker writing here than I would believe it is SteveP is not ghost written by Avenger Doggie. Just how gullible do you all think I am! 

This is a recipe econo would appreciate, if she ever saw it. Which she would if she posted here regularly, which she does not. So she is just going to have to live without it!   It is called Cabbage and Carrot Slaw with Walnut-Za’atar Pesto.

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cabbage-and-carrot-slaw-with-walnut-zaatar-pesto?mbid=nl_fig_008_05262016_Daily&CNDID=17278664

What is the econo connection? She said she is a big fan of Za'atar. Anyway, I made this yesterday and it is really, really good! A great change up on standard coleslaw. Just a warning. Like any coleslaw recipe it makes a LOT of slaw!

As to running, I managed to go out for 8 today. Odd weather day here. Humid and sticky in the morning and absolutely beautiful in the afternoon and early evening. Of course, I ran in the morning. But, better than any day of running in the winter!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Aamos, that is so perfect for Jay, waiting to see how many questions he gets right. What time is J O'clock anyway?

Twocat, I'm not much of a fan of coleslaw but that does look interesting. Will save it for later,,,,  I am on Day 8 of following the Whole30 eating whole foods and no processed foods, grains or legumes at all. Lots of veggies and protein too but no dairy. Sugar cravings are subsiding but I do miss just a piece of candy. No artificial sweeteners allowed so I do believe I will give up pop after this since neither diet or regular soda (we call it pop here in the Midwest) is good for you.

Jlynne, glad that it's the last day for your school job. Maybe you can get more hours at the Y or will you look for something else? I am sure the grandkids will keep you busy.

DD taped the first episode of Roots, the remake.  So far I like the first one better.  When the show finished at 9:00 I went out for a little run to get to a prime number.  I could either run 2.98 or 6.98 to get to a prime number so chose 2.98 slow miles at sunset. It was still 70° out and felt good to get out.

Where is Econo anyway?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich