Masters Running

Tuesday, August 4 Master Runs and Workouts (Read 416 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hello all....been really busy lately, so I am behind here at RA. Weds morning here, but trying to post my run on the same day I did it. I do try and read about everyone, but not much time to post (sigh) ---- I normally do my mid-week long run with track work on Wed's, but it was cooler out today than what it will be tomorrow....so I got it done tonight. ---- 14.6 miles - 1:58:15 - 8:06 ave pace. ----Then 6 1/2 mile repeats at the track in the middle of my run....went pretty well I think.---- 1 - (3:19 - 6:38 pace) 2 - (3:22 - 6:44 pace) 3 - (3:18 - 6:36 pace) 4 - (3:21 - 6:42 pace) 5 - (3:19 - 6:38 pace) 6 - (3:17 - 6:34 pace) ----- I was super happy because I am trying to be more consistent with my track / speed work, which drove Ribs nuts last year because I was too zealous at times. I am really trying to do better, which I think my times tonight show this. ---- Hope everyone is doing well....and Erika is a nut being able to run 20 miles on a Dreadmill (smiles) ----- TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

hey, some of the japanese runners I ran with in Alaska are going to a wineglass marathon

in France in September. Say "konnichi wa" if you see any in their pink happy coats.

dive - did you say aamos and <a href=http://www.thepinkdoor.net/cabaret.html>The Pink Door</a>

ps - missed you at the torchlight: how was SF? did you see Pink Robert? we miss him

twocat - we have a special marathon up here for you

<a href=http://www.littlemarathon.com/Tunnel/default.asp>Light-at-the-end-of-the-Tunnerl</a>

ps - does 26 weeks w/o any training runs count?

ps holly - give ilene a hug from all of us too

(maybe give her bikie's race schedule too)

selby - no particular reason but are you having any hot flashes too?

mary - thanks for the 15 cetaceans-in-one-pod u-tube and the Nugget Falls one.

It's a winner and will be my desk top if I could do videos.

It's as much flow as I've ever seen.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TwoCat   I think your frustration is justified, but you do have some very good news.  I was thinking that if I were in your position, one little thing that might help is to use the log every day.  Put in your strength training exercises, and note your progress.   Also, can you take walks?   If so, it would be good to log those - times, how it goes, etc., just as if it were running, except mark as running.  I bet you would see progress, and it would be good for you. 

Tuesday I was pretty tired from a long run on Mon., and  it was a rest day for me.  Today I am off to the woods, where I have roughly marked one mile and half mile distances, and do about 30 min. continuous running, after a moderate walk up the trail to get there.  I'm getting ready to run a 4.4 mile race on the 15th.   Yowie!   Me?