Masters Running

OK Boomer (and beyond) Monday Daily 11/11/19 (Read 46 times)

Falconfixer

Got back before any kind of weather got here (getting rain now in Florence--supposed to become a wintry mix later).  No one showed for spin so back in the apartment.

So the work clothes thing is kind of set for me now (will circle back).  During my civilian jobs, I could wear jeans (no holes of course) along with a polo shirt (usually with a company logo).  <circling back> for years the full time reservists could wear civilian clothes during the week (not in military status).  Over the last 15 years, as local contracts expired, wearing the uniform was written in as a requirement.  Since the government has to provide them (along with the appropriate boots--steel toe for us) I only partially understood the push back.  There are still quite a few long-term employees that resent that change.

Quick, I'm voting for the trail race....but I've never gone further than 50k.

RunnerKSA, LOL!  Never even thought of that....

So depending on who made the list I'm either the tail end of the baby boom or beginning of Gen-X.  I'll be ignoring the OK Boomer stuff.  Anyone demonstrating critical thinking skills will be permitted to offer suggestions/advice.

Have a greta night everyone!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Client brought in a thumb drive with hundreds of docs on it for discovery responses we have to produce.  Are any of them named in a manner that would indicate WTH they are?? That would be a resounding NO

. . . 

So now I'm having to go through and rename everything so I can figure what is and isn't relevant.  Our client is an idiot, and I'm getting close to not feeling very sorry for him and that he might end up in jail. . .

. . .

In case you were wondering, I hate litigation . . . . 

Leslie - I am so sorry.
      I completely misjudged your firm’s practice down there.
      Maybe I’ll move down there, after all.

With local judges in Seattle making no secret of their distaste for resolving discovery disputes, completely worthless subpoenas that attorneys can send out on their own without court review, etc. both sides usually just go along with what the other side wants but only give them what they want to, . . and get the rest by round-about, indirect, questions and practices. In the meantime, unless it’s an impecunious client who similarly impecunious attorneys who would give the thumb drive right back and let them do all the printing off of all their e-mails, documents, etc. . . . along with, at least, a one line summary of what each one’s all about, to the contrary, Microsoft, Amazon, Expedia, Boeing and the like keep hundreds, if not thousands, of entry level attorneys in the big firms busy day-in-and-day-out (night too) skimming and discerning the limited information on a computer page even better than we can skim through hard copies for billing hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not more, for just what you’re doing. Those that survive a couple of years locked up in a big discovery room, have a chance, albeit slim, of becoming a partner in a subsequent decade or two as other partners retire to the Caribbean.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

THANK YOU, VETERANS!

No running, another 10+hr day moving and sorting and storing set materials and props. But now I'm ALL DONE with that!

The Ok Boomer thing is pretty funny right now but it will get real tired real fast. After being scorned, hated, criticised and ridiculed by the boomer generation out of ignorance for so long it was inevitable that millenials would eventually retaliate in a big way. As with every generation, it's nearly impossible to convince the older generations that things are DIFFERENT than when they were younger. Where I live, millenials are responsible for a small business renaissance, most new small businesses are being opened by people under 30. There is some article I saw that debunked all the myths about millennials that boomers spread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATTMB4gH3sU

But of course individual boomers and millennials will be outliers from the vicious generalities that form stereotypes. But what do I know, I'm GenX, I just sit on the side and watch everything burn to the ground.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Joe618

Evening all, good reading and glad to connect.   Busy Monday here, had a very slow drive home in very sloppy weather, enjoyed homemade chicken pot pie then ventured back out with parka and scarf and did the first "shovel the driveway" routine of the winter....3" of wet, sloppy, icy snow.  Better to reflect on the Ab/Back workout than the beginning of winter.

2 treadmill miles and now have to head down to Vanderbilt in the rain for a basketball game v Texas A & M Corpus Christi.  We should win- and we are enjoying these wins even though they are non-conference.  It's a feeling we had forgotten....

Karen, speaking of Vandy, I thought of you around Mile 9 of my marathon on Saturday, as a gracious home in a fine old neighborhood on the north side of Indianapolis had a large Vanderbilt flag flying next to their front door. 

Trail vs road races...I understand the love of trail races.   I like them too and have a trail 50K on December 28 as my next major race.  But here in the flatlands of corn and soybean country, we have very few state or federal parks and no long hiking trails and thus very few trail races.   So, I also run on the roads.   Collectively, we midwest runners have a fair degree of envy of those of you who live in/near wild areas with cool trails in your back yards.

Rock your Tuesday folks and look for a taco, somewhere, no matter what The Dress for the Day says 

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

I don't think I'm a Gen-X or a Boomer.  Or maybe I'm half one, half the other.  Who knows.

Bioguy - Your description of the clothes cracks me up.  That whole pants hanging to the ground has been going on years and years.  I hoped it would've fizzled out by now.

Tet - The problem is I work for this really great attorney who is NOT a litigation attorney, yet he feels compelled to take on trust litigations whenever they hit our door.  Unfortunately, I'm not a litigation paralegal and I struggle to pull it all together.  . . . . and the client's an idiot. 

Left work early since I went in at 7:30.  Hit the gym for 40 min of elliptical and 40 min of core/ST.  . .  . . . too much testosterone running the gym at that time of day.  I need to go back to my wee hours of the morning visits.

Tammy - Tammy and family had to say goodbye to sweet Annie today.  Truly one of the sweetest pups ever, who hit the jackpot when she was found by Tammy's Hub.  She had the best life possible the last 4 yrs and was truly happy.  Sweet Annie will be missed.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Joe- they probably took the flag down after the disastrous football game on Saturday afternoon!   Basketball win tonight, though!

Prayers for Jimmy Carter-  I’m not optimistic this time.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

evanflein

Erika - nothing wrong with two hours of excellent X-T shoveling snow on your own but not that easy to do during work days or otherwise when someone expects you to be somewhere else at a certain time doing something for them, instead. Did you boys used to do it? No snow-blower? However, I always thought more than an inch or two was pretty rare.

Nope, we have a snow blower. DH was running that and I was on clean up duty, and ended up doing a lot of the top of our driveway by the garage, and a trail on the deck from the door to the charcoal grill cuz I wanted chicken Sunday night! We got about 10" over the two days of that storm. The roads were a mess and our parking lot at work is still not done. Our boys used to shovel, but they did a bad enough job that it almost always ended in tears.

We have some student employees who wear some pretty questionable stuff. Since student employment is also supposed to be practice for them at the work life thing, you'd think more supervisors would mention it.

RCG, couldn't see your pictures and tried both on Chrome and Safari. How did you post them? I have terrible luck with posting photos now and so rarely even try.

{{Tammy and family}} sorry to hear about Annie, but you're right she had a wonderful last 4 years.

We had a pretty nice day here with temps in the low 20's. I got out for a run because the weather later this week is going to be pretty crummy, so figured I'd get a run in on a nice day. Well, it was pretty clear my legs didn't want to do it. Just couldn't get into it. I feel like I'm just making myself do these runs, not sure what's going on. But, I'm sure the transition to winter running is a large part of it. This too shall pass. 3.7 uninspired miles today.

anachrotech

I still have my Coolrunning Boomer shirts.

Prediction of 3-5" of snow.  I have 8".

2.2 on the treadmill today.

SteveP

(Every time I see or hear "OK Boomer" I think of the old "Boomers and Beyond" running forum.)

I've been called worse as well. Really kids..is that the best you can do?

Coastwalker Jay, 43sounds delightful.

And I am a hard core believer that leggings are NOT pants!  If you're going to wear leggings, you need to be wearing a top that goes down past your butt.

It depends on the butt.

Tet, this sounds like perfect weather.

Holly...Batman shoes are very professional.

RCG...I got nothin'.

Bioguy - I asked an interviewie (real word?) if they were just coming back from the beach.

Falcon Fixer..good call on the trail race.

I got all teary eyed when I read of Annie's passing.

I got 2.5 on the mill again.

Two of the grandkids and I were walking the trail in our yard last week. One of them found a pine burl broken from a branch. We decided it was a monster egg and GD#1 hung it from a tree.

I looks like it about to hatch.

It's time for me to change the world for the better! I'm opening up a charm school to help establish acceptable public behavior! Including dress code. ENROLL NOW!!!! Classes are expected to fill quickly!

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Tammy and family}}}

Erika - yes, but whose tears?

Steve- 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."