Masters Running

Tuesday, March 2 Daily Runs and Fun (Read 500 times)

Twocat, it sounds like your wife went all out in throwing you a birthday party.  PBJ, it's good to have you back home.  hopeful, I'm glad you and your husband had a nice weekend on our side of the state. It's too bad your husband got sick.  I hope he's recovered.   enke, sorry to hear about your sick son.  I hope he's ok now.  Derrick, it's good to hear from you.  You've a a tough time since the Crim with lots to do and surgery.  I'm glad to hear you're recovered and got a run in.

Nice long runs for holly (with ice/snow/hills), BC, evan, CNY (including PR 10 mi race), mariposai (day after lots of skiing), steve, lame, PBJ, Aamos, and Tramps.  Good job on the speedwork for perch and holly.

This morning it was about 20° and almost calm.  I got in 8 miles in about 1:18 for a 9:45 pace.  I had another almost progression run (it would be one if I ignore the first mile) and negative splits by 3:20.  I don't know how that happens when I'm not trying to do anything other than just finish.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS  

so it's official -- i have joined the crazies and entered the Mt Washington road race lottery --- i  must be insane!! 

deb -- 40mg lasix????  did you spend the night in the bathroom?

impressives workouts/runs out there today ........ i worked a double shift last night into this morning and now should be getting ready for a parents council meeting but am sooooooo wiped -- hope this coffee kicks in soon!!

denise

evanflein

OMG Denise! Wow, that's going to be quite the adventure! How exciting.

Glad to see Marathon Derrick posting. Amazing that we've got a second umbilical hernia on the forum... didn't realize that was so prevalent?

Just a real quick skim of the dailies today and yesterday. I'm in Scottsdale, got in late yesterday afternoon and just crashed right after dinner and a 2 mile walk to stretch the legs a bit. Got up this morning and since our meetings started later today than they will the rest of the week, I decided to do my Wednesday MLR today. 11.4 miles of sidewalk running... in a running skirt!! I did wear my long sleeved Boston shirt (the bright yellow one) as much for visibility as cover up (it was about 50° when I started). I stripped that off at about the half way point and finished my run in skirt and running bra. Woohoo! I tell ya, that felt good. It also felt a little weird because I did get some frost-nip on my face from the windchill on Sunday's run, and then two days later I'm running almost naked! Gotta love it. 

Tomorrow will be a recovery run day, then Thursday will be 5-6 easy pace, then home on Friday. Feels like a whirlwind week already.

Just got back from hill repeats on Boston Common. Schedule called for 19 half repeats. I did 20. Did them slow but I was able to pick up the pace for the last 6 or 7 repeats. Ankle was a little tender but shin had no pain at all. All in all, I can't complain. Especially since I did squats, bench press and deadlifts at the Y this morning. Now I'm gonna stick my foot and ankle in bucket of ice water.

Marathon Maniac #957

11.4 miles of sidewalk running... in a running skirt!! I did wear my long sleeved Boston shirt (the bright yellow one) as much for visibility as cover up (it was about 50° when I started). I stripped that off at about the half way point and finished my run in skirt and running bra. Woohoo!

Yay!  If anyone deserves a little warm-weather running, it's you, Erika!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."