Masters Running

Green River Marathon Relay RR (Read 188 times)

huskydon

This is the third year I have joined my three brothers to form a relay team to run in the Green River Marathon.  There were 20 teams registered along with the 215 solo runners.  I am happy to report that the brothers did quite well, finishing 5th out of 15, with a time of 3:32:40.  This time is considerably less than last year (3:38) and the year before that (3:41).  We are not getting older, we're getting faster!  They made big brother (me) run the longest segment (11.1mi) and I ran pretty well, finishing it in 1:31:49. 

Actually, the course this year was about 150 yards shorter than last year.   The course is now (drum roll please) a Boston Qualifier and they measured the course and found it to be too long! 

Well, you can't beat the price of the Green River Marathon because it remains absolutely free.  A tech t-shirt can be purchased in advance at cost ($12).  It is a great event because the leaders just love running and want to have an environment where everyone can take part.  The Maniacs were there in force.  No bibs, no traffic control (I think I lost 30 sec waiting for traffic signals), and no big clock at the finish, but it was all fun. 

I noted that barefoot Jon was registered, but alas, I did not seem him that day.   Hopefully our feet will cross again sometime.

Again, it is a great event which I heartily recommend. 

That just all sounds like a great event, and lots of fun.  It is good that you do it with your brothers, and yep, you are all getting younger and faster.  Neat!   One thing I like about running is that many people do it as a family event.  Econo puts up with me, and I wouldn't be doing it without her encouragement.  My first daughter is also starting to run, and sometimes some of the Grandsons come along.  Lots of fun!  Congratulations on your good time.   Also thanks for your response to my RR.    Woods Lady

Marathon Maniac #957

We are not getting older, we're getting faster!   

Amen to that!  Sounds like a blast, too.  Congratulations on your great team placement and improving every year. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sounds like lots of fun!  Congrats to you and your brothers for a great relay.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

That is so cool that you ran that with your family.  What a great event!

Janet

Congratulations to the husky brothers on their third annual marathon relay.  It's neat that you get to do this together and have improved each year.

TomS

Great job, Husky.  Tell your brothers I said "WTG!"

And FREE!?    Fantastic!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

don - sorry I missed you - and the Green River - for the first time in five or six years. 

However, I ran was running around the Imperial Palace 8.195 times (or was that the day before).

looks like you`re ready for the big mary again.  any plans?  How long`s it been?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Renee the dog

Wow you guys sure smashed your old record -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Sounds like a great event.  Price sure is right!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!