Masters Running

Tooseday's Daily, 3.21.17 (Read 36 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I am all in for a Jay Appreciation Day.

Yes hubby is ok.

Today I ran 6 miles with 4 sets of Little Bertha/Chenard Loop combos.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

No, no, no.  I didn't mean it as a "got'cha."

Now I feel bad.

...no, I meant the Funny Kind.......

or

to quote a Famous Runner

(Warren G Harding)-

''Is that your Nose, or are you Eating A Banana??''

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

C-R

Hey all

More travel but the streak remains alive. DC is pretty nice. May take some time to take in the cheery blossoms at lunch tomorrow.

Well done Tramps. Jay App day. Nice.

I had no idea Lincoln was on the interwebs. And here I thought Al Gore invented the thing. I just can't keep up. Ask my kids. They will verify.

Back to the salt mine.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

No run, today.  I had a chiropractor appointment then came home and lifted weights...not much...not too heavy...but, it felt good.

Okay--that's about all I've got.  We're having more drama with Eric...and work bites...but I'm still kickin'.  See ya!

spacityrunner

Hey all

More travel but the streak remains alive. DC is pretty nice. May take some time to take in the cheery blossoms at lunch tomorrow.

Ahhhh...Cherry blossoms in DC...you and a million other people will enjoy them   I used to stay away from the tidal basin area during cherry blossom time.  I would run at Haines point.  Now there's some cherry blossoms.

Mike E:  I am so sorry you are having more drama.  It can't be easy for you or your family.

3.3 miles at sunset.  The air is filled with pollen and my lungs hurt after 10 minutes, but I just told myself I wouldn't die from it.

Trails Rock!

I am happy to celebrate coastwalker appreciation day/month/year whatever! Double if he scores lobster rolls for the Rosie Ruiz Relay team again this year! 

After my 19 mile run on Sunday the area where the achilles connects to the foot around the ankle was sore. I decided not to run or hit the elliptical yesterday and this morning it felt way better. That worked so well that I deep sixed both running and the elliptical today. I am hoping that tomorrow (ha!) is 100% and I can go run. No, I am not taking bets where I am on the go running side.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Just a quick fly by post before I head home from work. Seven smile miles for my butterfly wings today (well, it was actually 6.87 miles. Twocat will call it a 6 miler, I am calling it a 7 miler )

Jay appreciation day! What a great idea!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy JAY jay.

Facing a steady rain this morning,

I threatened to the skies to invoke

the first rule of running and, voila,

rain promptly stopped for five miles

without a drop, . . but right back

to normal now and for tomorrow

when my luck of two runs in a row

without getting rained out is about

to run out.

nice take on the solstice, catwhoops.

However, I don't ever recall seeing

any of the sun out here on one.

ps - and I thought I knew all the great Lincoln quotes.

next thing you know, he'll be a runner too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

ps - and I thought I knew all the great Lincoln quotes.

next thing you know, he'll be a runner too.

This made me laugh!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard