Masters Running

Wyoming backpacking pictures (Read 251 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Mariposai's beautiful photos of her backpacking trip reminded me that I never got around to posting my pictures!

We went backpacking twice in Wyoming's WInd River mountains, once just a family trip and again two weeks later with our Japanese friends.

We hiked in at the Elkheart Park trailhead, on the west side of the range, which is pretty high so it's not hot and you don't have to climb a lot getting into the backcountry. These pictures are on the way in.

We hiked up to Angel Pass and crossed over to the east side of the divide.  The climb up was mostly rocky, and then we glissaded down the snowfield on the other side.

Here are a few pictures of camp.

The weather was mostly good, not like Mari's trip!  There was a little rain, but that was followed by a rainbow!

Finally, this is a group shot with our Japanese friends.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Hard to imagine being in the midst of that glorious sight.  Thanks for sharing!
        My "must visit" list just got longer. Thanks for these great pictures and what sights!
          those are glorious pictures of what sounds like a wonderful trip!!  thanks for sharing with us carolyn!!

denise

SteveP

Thanks for the pictures!! It looks like a great time.

SteveP

Beautiful pictures.  I especially love the one with the rainbow.  I've never backpacked before, but it is on my must-do list.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Fantastic scenery, wild.  Thanks for the pictures.

TomS

Tramps

Wonderful pictures!  I need to get back out there someday.  I haven't been hiking in the West in..oh...20 years or so.

Be safe. Be kind.

Looks like fun!  Thanks for the pics.
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Beautiful Carolyn!   My DH is heading to Wyoming in a few weeks for an elk hunting trip.   He is very excited to go there.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Stunning!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

I love the packs for the dogs! How fun to take them along, too. You've got to come up and go hiking in Denali, I bet you'd love that. Thanks for the pictures, it's really beautiful country.