Masters Running

Tuesday, July 14 Master Runs, Rests and Stories (Read 430 times)

Maniac 505

Tammy,  hope it works out.  I will likley take the last couple days off this week,  get some stuff done before I leave for San Francisco.

Eliz,  scarry crash,  glad You're OK,  rest up and recover.

Dave

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Eliz, I'm glad you're OK!  Yikes.

Twocat, good luck to your wife in her training.  We'll have to compare notes.

My program called for me to run up a hill 6 times.  I wasn't sure how long or steep a hill to use, but we have a pretty good one near our house, so I went there.  It was more fun than I expected.  It sure helps me to have a structured program to follow.  I'm even highlighting each day as I complete it.  No excuses!

evanflein

Way to go, Teresa! And yes, a schedule is good to help keep you on track. I remember after my first marathon when I was suddenly "schedule-less" and felt sort of lost. Now I make one up even when not training for anything much, just to help keep me on track.

Eliz! Wow, very scary stuff but glad you're mostly ok. Good to wiggle those toes, start at the bottom and work up, right?

We have an "unhealthy" air quality advisory out now because of the forest fire smoke. Rats. Looks like I'll be on the treadmill tonight for my run. It's been pretty lonely lately...

I've always wanted to run an ultra. Mariposai running hers earlier this year just made me want to do it more! But there weren't any options locally, so anything was going to require some travel and timing. Well... looky what just showed up! http://www.equinoxmarathon.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=2

If you click on "course info" on the left hand menu, you'll see the course profile pdf. The ultra will be adding 5 miles in the middle of the marathon course. I think I'm going to do it. Otherwise, it'd be my 5th straight regular Equinox and while I don't want to say nothing changes but the weather.... well, change is good, right?

Mariposai

erika, erika, erika...it would be so much like you to loose your ultra virginity at the Equinox marathon. Go for it sistahhh!!!

Happy birthday to my birthday twins, wildchild and teresa.  I hope your day was filled with sweets, sugars, nectars and marvelous food for the heart and the tummy.

10 miles today. I was the princess in pink, yeap...pink was the perfect color for today.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

Hey, MINE TOO!   dg, I do my hops before I go out and my hill sprints when I return home to the TM.  I find putting them in the middle is just nuts for me.  Just to prove it, today I tried to embed an extra one legged hop mid-run.  I jammed the crap out of my leg, including my knee.  I find the transition too difficult.  But remember, I'm a girl who needs sports with no equipment, 'cause I'm not the most coordinated....

well imagine that!!   Smile.   glad you said that about the hops & etc...   I thought it was nuts too;  I'm glad it's not just me.   I thought I might do hops at work.  which I forgot about until you reminded me.  jammed the crap out of my s/i joint & knee.  (really!).   are you ok?  I knew better!   Thought a little would be ok, then afterward, (did only a little & they were tiny) I remembered that last week at PT when we had our "just what does my S/I joint do when it goes out" discussion, complete with visual aids, I asked what I should especially avoid so that I don't keep doing it.  She said one legged impact.  I can be such an idiot.     sorry.   I digress.  I am fairly low on the coordination scale too (remember. I fall on a flat indoor track)(often) so will seperate them when I can finally do them.   boy that was longer than it needed to be.   Smile.   

I do like how he gradually progresses us through so many things, though.  Are you happy with this plan?

Hi Karin.   thanks!    I hope things work out well for your S.G.   It's sad to think she's going through that.  I'm so glad she has all of you.

Erika, I hate nights like that.   bleh.   and then smoke.  more bleh.   cool about the trail run, though!  

Twocat, that really stinks.   Besides being totally irrational.

Eliz, I'm glad you're ok!   It hurt just reading about it.  You have a groin pull?   That's no fun at all. 

Sue, happy birthday to your DH!  

I was looking something earlier, & found this.   A lot of the pictures are not showing anymore, but it was still fun to look at.    Nice reminders of people that aren't around anymore....  and are missed.  http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/Forum13/HTML/003462.shtml

Erika - You go, girl, on that ultra!  You'll do great.  . . . . . it's only 5 measley more miles . . . .

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

I do like how he gradually progresses us through so many things, though.  Are you happy with this plan?

I'm diggin' it.  I don't feel like I'm doing much though!   And, I feel like I can move things around based upon my role as wife/mother, and not screw the plan up much.  Basically, I'm doing the 4 day running program. Plus, I run another 3 on Sat.  I can't run only 4 days a week...I need 5 to feel in the groove.  I am also really enjoying doing my slideboarding on the optional cardio day. 

Seems to be a solid beginner program to get someone like me, with some physical issues, conditioned to complete a marathon. (Time will tell on that one  ).  I can see where I'll progress on beyond the plan, but I like the bones, so it'll always probably be a part of me.

Eliz, if you get a headache at all, please go right to the hospital.  My Dad had just started riding his bike outside my house and had a very slow speed fall.  He had his helmet on and landed on it.  Double hematoma on the brain. Only reason he lived is because he was old and his brain had shrunk.  (BTW, his neurologist ended up being the head of Neurosurgery at Shore Memorial. Impressive guy.  So my 2 cents is if you get a headache -- head for NJ stat!!!)

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

Smoke and air quality advisory had me inside on the treadmill... cool basement room temp, kinda nice.

6.75 miles, took me 56:30 which gives me a 8:23 avg pace

My math is sure bad... I had me at 6.5 miles for 8:42 avg pace, but it sure felt like I worked harder than that...

1 mile warm up @ 8:49

then 3 x 1 mile @ 8:00, with .25 @ 8:49 recovery

then .5 mile @ 7:30

then 1.5 mile @ 8:49

That's 6.75 right?

Walked before and after for warm up and cool down.

SteveP

Yeah Stumpy!!!!

Hang in there TwoCat

YaHoo for Holly's luv note!!!!

All these birthdays and an anniversary and no ice cream!!!!! I can't take it....I mean heart felt congrats!!!!

Good luck with Super Granny CNY

Leslie, I love your avitar

(((((Erika))))) Darn kids

(((((Eliz)))))

I went to the Dr after work cause of the poison ivy and my leg swelling. She kept saying, "Oh my". More roids. She wants me to keep the leg elevated for the next 48 hours. I made commitments at work, if I let my end down, others will be out $$$$$$ and will hurt our company's reputation. The doc and I came up with a plan "B". Iget to wear tights to work!!!!!! YeeHaw!!! And get paid at the same time..Flippin sweet.

SteveP