Masters Running

Can you . . . ? ? ? (Read 224 times)

"older but not dead yet"

Can you . . . run your age in a 10K run half your age in a 5K run a marathon in 3 hours plus your age bike your age in miles do your age in pushups do twice your age in situps do 1/10 your age in pullups do any exercise in the gym with your bdywt. (which ones?) get your resting HR below your age run a mile in twice your age in minutes (for the 1st digit) and seconds (for the 2nd digit), EX. 40 years old = 8' 00", 45 yrs. = 8' 10" do Yasso 800's and make them work for your marathon time Alex (any more "can you's" that you can add to this list?) __________________
    Seeking the interface between the cerebral and the visceral.
    Slo

Can you . . . run your age in a 10K Don't Know will find out soon ! run half your age in a 5K Yes Today 21:07 (43) run a marathon in 3 hours plus your age Yes bike your age in miles Yes Easier for a 43 yr old vs a 60 yr old do your age in pushups Yes Easier for a 43 yr old vs a 60 yr old do twice your age in situps Yes Easier for a 43 yr old vs a 60 yr old do 1/10 your age in pullups Yes Easier for a 43 yr old vs a 60 yr old do any exercise in the gym with your bdywt. (which ones?) Dips, Bench Press, Pull ups (how many times?) get your resting HR below your age No run a mile in twice your age in minutes (for the 1st digit) and seconds (for the 2nd digit), EX. 40 years old = 8' 00", 45 yrs. = 8' 10" Yes do Yasso 800's and make them work for your marathon time Never Tried but I would guess so Alex (any more "can you's" that you can add to this list?) __________________
        My age is 45
        Can you . . . run your age in a 10K Yes 35:26 run half your age in a 5K Yes 17:22 run a marathon in 3 hours plus your age Yes 2:52:29 so far bike your age in miles Yes easy, have done over 100 milers at a godo your age in pushups - Yes - Have done over 75 at a go do twice your age in situps - Yes, have done over 100 at a time do 1/10 your age in pullups Yes, have done 10 at a time but I can work at this one do any exercise in the gym with your bdywt. (which ones?) Yes bench press 225 X8, squats at 250 X8, ?? probably others get your resting HR below your age Yes, just 44 is my resting heart rate run a mile in twice your age in minutes (for the 1st digit) and seconds (for the 2nd digit), EX. 40 years old = 8' 00", 45 yrs. = 8' 10" yes, last time I did this I was not in my best shape 5:02 do Yasso 800's and make them work for your marathon time Yes did this last year 2:52:29 Alex (any more "can you's" that you can add to this list?) Will have to think about it. __________________

Recent Best times: None recently

Beginner all over again

Nope, none of the above. Smile But ask me again in a couple years Wink

wildchild

Carolyn

I'm 51 and the only ones I can do are situps, leg press, and run a mile in less than 10 minutes. My resting heartrate is in the low 50's also. My 16 year old DD thought this was funny - I don't think this applies to kids her age, because there's no way she could run an 8 minute 5K. However, she could do the pushups and situps and biking easily. If her resting heart rate was less than 16, though, she wouldn't be doing too well!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Nope, none of the above. Smile But ask me again in a couple years Wink
              Go, Frances, go!!! Big grin Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

I can do all except Yasso 800's to predict marathon time (never run a marathon), run a marathon in 3 hours plus my age (see previous), and resting heart rate below my age. I am 45 and the lowest I have seen it is 46. On the plus side I can actually do more than half my age in pullups.
                  Can you . . . I am 44...so let's see run your age in a 10K 43:43 run half your age in a 5K 22:11 last week and usually closer to 21 run a marathon in 3 hours plus your age last one was 3:22, so yes bike your age in miles yes do your age in pushups yes, but now my arms are SORE...I can do more with rest intervals do twice your age in situps yes do 1/10 your age in pullups not sure...will try do any exercise in the gym with your bdywt. (which ones?) don't know get your resting HR below your age yes, 37 run a mile in twice your age in minutes (for the 1st digit) and seconds (for the 2nd digit), EX. 40 years old = 8' 00", 45 yrs. = 8' 10" 6:20 last year and hoping for 6:00 do Yasso 800's and make them work for your marathon time only tried this approach once for a marathon and it was fine, I'll say yes, but I don't think these are difference makers for me, nor do I believe they are true predictors of a marathon time Alex (any more "can you's" that you can add to this list?) Can you run by feel and hit your desired race pace? no watch, no GPS, no HRM? Evil grin __________________